Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit Tesla dash cam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought one from Topfit through Amazon. Install was easy and custom design looks clean. The obvious problems I see is 1) all announciation from the camera upon powre up is in Chinese, and the manual is mostly in Chinese. Also the app is mostly in Chinese. Functionally, the wi-fi streaming of video from the camera is horrible! It's not close to being smooth even at low res of 720p. video stuck for 2-5 seconds before render frames for less than one second. Haven't manually copied out the videos from the micro SD card yet, and will try that later.

I just bought one from Topfit through Amazon. Install was easy and custom design looks clean. The obvious problems I see is 1) all announciation from the camera upon powre up is in Chinese, and the manual is mostly in Chinese. Also the app is mostly in Chinese. Functionally, the wi-fi streaming of video from the camera is horrible! It's not close to being smooth even at low res of 720p. video stuck for 2-5 seconds before render frames for less than one second. Haven't manually copied out the videos from the micro SD card yet, and will try that later.

I read somewhere that you could change the language to English?

The Topfit Dash Cam Voice Language could be updated to English, i got a file of from Topfit seller, tried to update the language, it works well.

1. Download the English Update Procedure.
Tesla Model S Dash Cam:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49bfz711iswa9pq/AACt1TPX27G5o2ZaZtL1A6WYa?dl=0
Tesla Model X Dash Cam:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qual2lmc9nnjj9j/SD_CarDV.bin?dl=0
2. Take off the SD card from dash cam after Shut off the power of car
3. Copy the English Update Procedure to SD card
4. Insert the SD card into the dash cam, then turn on the power of car, and waiting for 3minutes(upgrading now, you will see a red light flash)
5. Turn off the power of the car and take off SD card after you hear the English voice of DVR Starting
6. Format SD card (please choice AFT32 on File System, like picture shows
wps2DCC.tmp.png

Insert SD card into dash cam Restart the Tesla car the language update finished.

Make sure you buy the correct version. There is a MS and MX version, and then AP HW1 vs AP HW2 versions... so just be sure you get the correct one for your vehicle.

I got one for my AP HW1 Model X and wrote about it here:
TESTED: TOPFIT Customized Dash Cam for Tesla Model X SUV

Really happy with it for the "fit and finish" -- there are certainly other units that are cheaper to buy, but more expensive to install. I liked that this was DIY install, and looks like it belongs there with no wires poking out. Enjoy!

it's said that Topfit has updated it, announciation can be changed into english. is it true?