Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit Tesla dash cam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Topfit Dash Cam Voice Language could be updated to English, i got a file of from Topfit seller, tried to update the language, it works well.

1. Download the English Update Procedure.
Tesla Model S Dash Cam:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/49bfz711iswa9pq/AACt1TPX27G5o2ZaZtL1A6WYa?dl=0
Tesla Model X Dash Cam:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qual2lmc9nnjj9j/SD_CarDV.bin?dl=0
2. Take off the SD card from dash cam after Shut off the power of car
3. Copy the English Update Procedure to SD card
4. Insert the SD card into the dash cam, then turn on the power of car, and waiting for 3minutes(upgrading now, you will see a red light flash)
5. Turn off the power of the car and take off SD card after you hear the English voice of DVR Starting
6. Format SD card (please choice AFT32 on File System, like picture shows
wps2DCC.tmp.png

Insert SD card into dash cam Restart the Tesla car the language update finished.

Just a head's up to everyone. I used this firmware on my Topfit Model X AP1 camera and I think I bricked it. It no longer talks, none of the LEDs light up, etc. I have verified that I still have 12v (13v, actually) being supplied, so it's not a fuse. I was merely trying to install the English firmware having just received the unit.

Googling "SD_CarDV.bin" reveals that many dashcams use the same image filename, likely because they're using the same chipsets and perhaps repacking the same cameras. I found many references to people bricking their cameras this way. It's my fault; I used a firmware image from a dropbox site without any kind of validation, checksum, hash, etc from the vendor. But there in lies the real problem: I cannot find "Topfit" anywhere on the Internet. Even the manual that came with the camera doesn't list a website.

If anyone has found a website for these folks, especially an official firmware repository, please do share.

Thanks.

1. Download the English Update Procedure.
Unfortunately the link produces 对不起,您所访问的 页面不存在 返回首页或在搜索框中重新搜索
which I think means that this site is not existing.
Would have to create an Drobox account...

Nevertheless, thank you for the hints - which seemed to have worked for some users.

Doesn't Topfit offer any solution?
Else, I will deinstall the Cam on my MX (HW2, 8.1) and definitely cannot not recommend it.

I use the topfit model x AP2 with new English firmware.
The service and contact with teslafan is really very good.
Having some start-up issues, I received a new firmware.

With the new firmware it works pretty well, nevertheless still some times I discover that the cam is off, on road. I tried many times to turn of and on the car, and the cam started correctly.
I am unable to reproduce the issue in order to feedback something usable to fix it.
I tried a lot of thing, but each time the cam started correctly.

Does anyone experience the same issue and can help to find the root cause?
This case does not happen very often, nevertheless Murfy’s law says…

With the new firmware it works pretty well, nevertheless still some times I discover that the cam is off, on road. I tried many times to turn of and on the car, and the cam started correctly.
I am unable to reproduce the issue in order to feedback something usable to fix it.

My Friend also has this problems when he leaves the car turn off the car and get back the car the dash can not turn off automatically.And the CS sent two profiles for him.I am interested in it so I also have it.I search it for you.Hope it can help you this time.

Attachments

• update your dash cam X2.0.pdf
    207.9 KB · Views: 78
  • How to turn on the Gsensor.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 71

But you need bought this cam after June this profiles can deal with your problems.

No, Some times I find the cam off on the road, not often, but.. I do not know if it stops working or it do not started. I am actually not able to reproduce the behaviour.
I aready installed the FW ZX06, I directly received from teslafan. It improved the reliability, but still have the issue.
So it is still off when you are driving but not offen?