Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto - Lawrence Supercharger To Close -Concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hearing that the Lawrence Ave. Supercharger in mid-town Toronto is going to be closed. It's been on reduced service for a month now. There is only an expensive parking-paid alternative supercharger on Bay Street down in the city core for those living the Toronto's east end. The supercharger map showing upcoming new chargers doesn't show any new chargers planned in the area. Is anyone else concerned about this? If so, please reply to and monitor this posting so we can decide if there is enough concern to mount some action.

I'm hearing that the Lawrence Ave. Supercharger in mid-town Toronto is going to be closed. It's been on reduced service for a month now. There is only an expensive parking-paid alternative supercharger on Bay Street down in the city core for those living the Toronto's east end. The supercharger map showing upcoming new chargers doesn't show any new chargers planned in the area. Is anyone else concerned about this? If so, please reply to and monitor this posting so we can decide if there is enough concern to mount some action.

The Lawrence SC's doing deliveries and service calls constantly. There are no spots for people to drop in and charge; I suspect that's why it's marked as closed on the charger map - divert people from going there for a quickie and hogging a spot.

The SC's were meant for long trips. I suppose there are people in condos that don't have access to a HPWC that use them. There's always IKEA :)
Yes, condo owners, apartment people, but also quite a few people living in the historic residential areas with mostly street parking by permit that can't home-charge. Eg. Riverdale, Beaches areas etc.

Makes sense to me.

Would rather have stations at a mall like Vaughan Mills where I can go for a stroll or bite to eat.

Lawrence SC is way too busy now doing new deliveries and ongoing services for folks to just drop by to top up.

That would be terrible!

They've already delayed the yonge/Eglinton and Yonge/Sheppard superchargers. Removing the Lawrence supercharger would just be a terrible and frustrating move. Driving to Vaughan is always met with traffic + mall chaos.

Some of us can't charge at home so superchargers are critical.
>>>It would be useful to document here your approximate location and the reason you can't home charge if you would be so kind. Regards, JS.

Reactions: MarcoRP
>>>It would be useful to document here your approximate location and the reason you can't home charge if you would be so kind. Regards, JS.

James, I’m in the area you mentioned (Leslieville) with street parking and commute north via DVP. Our neighbour kindly agreed to let us use the shared drive to charge once a week but we need to top up mid-week in winter or after cottage trips. We count on that SC!

James, I’m in the area you mentioned (Leslieville) with street parking and commute north via DVP. Our neighbour kindly agreed to let us use the shared drive to charge once a week but we need to top up mid-week in winter or after cottage trips. We count on that SC!
Hey I'm in Leslieville too, and in a similar position. Have you tried the BMW dealership off Eastern Ave? That's been a good option for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Trevlan006