TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Toronto sales and service center

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by TEG, Jul 31, 2009.

1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    They seem to have their own flickr page already:

Flickr: Tesla Store Toronto's Photostream

(most photos so far seem to be of someone's visit to Menlo Park)

http://www.teslamotors.com/teslastore/detail.php?s=Toronto
    [​IMG]

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

The author has a way with adjectives.:rolleyes:

3. Albern

Albern Member

4. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

When they say winter 2010 does that mean Jan/Feb/March 2010 or December 2010? Or do they purposely say "winter" so that no one can say they were late in opening the store.... LOL

- mnx

5. Albern

Albern Member

haha... I was confused about that point too. After signing up for e-mail updates regarding the Tesla Toronto Store a follow up message indicated that it would open in 6 months indicating a February to March 2010 timeframe.

6. AGR

AGR Member

There is a Tesla Roadster displayed in Toronto at the Manulife Centre, 55 Bloor West, in front of the William Ashley store.

7. Albern

Albern Member

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if this is a one day thing or will it be there all week? From the most recent Tesla newsletter they did say a Roadster would be around during the Toronto International Film Festival, just not sure where.

8. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Apparently it's supported by tea cups:

3906675107_17e5fcd7af.jpg 3906674087_5b321f468f.jpg
    3907452900_9de7219b51.jpg
    3907451578_fa93430137.jpg

9. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#9 vfx, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
    Very Cool!

Take a Roadster to dinner.

edit to add:
    My compliments to whomever dreamed up this gag. And more compliments to those who pulled it off. Excellent.

10. Albern

Albern Member

I went down there this afternoon to see for my self. She's beautiful - first time seeing it in person. Unfortunately there was no one from Tesla there but the rep from William Ashley said the car would be there till next Friday or when TIFF ends. There was also a security guard and between the two of them they both knew some details about the Roadster which was great as passers by would stop and ask some general questions.

The car was there as part of a promotion for more environmentally friendly china that is dishwasher safe. I took a few pics but I don't yet have an account for web hosting. If anyone wants more I'll gladly set something up to share.

One other interesting point that I'll bring up but has yet to be confirmed is the location of the Toronto Tesla Store. Just doing a Google search I found the address: 70 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario - Google

I was in the area (just a few blocks north of where the Roadster is on display) but didn't manage to head up there to check it out, most likely next week. Relative to other Tesla locations it is in a high-end area. It's personally not my first choice because of how congested the roads are; however, just a few minutes drive and you can hit some decent streets like Avenue Road south, Rosedale Valley Road (where you can open the taps a bit more), Bayview Avenue, the onto the Don Valley Parkway (highway).

Attached Files:

11. AGR

AGR Member

#11 AGR, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
    More photos and slide show of the Tesla Roadster on Bloor Street...Click

This is Rosedale Valley Road...Click the speed limit is 50 KPH

12. Albern

Albern Member

Well speed limits haven't really stopped Tesla from giving slightly more adventurous test drives in the past. At least Rosedale Valley Road eastbound then onto Bayview is somewhat clear for most of the day to help give drivers some feeling as to what the Roadster can do.

You didn't by any chance pass by 70 Yorkville Ave did you?

13. Avia2

Avia2 Member

Display at Ashley's

Hi Guys, Hans here. 70 Yorkville is a corporate office for the next few months. It will not be the location of the dealership. I will be working at the display during Ashley's store hours Sat and Sun so if you're in the area drop by and say hello.

14. AGR

AGR Member

Albern,

That is going est towards Bayview, folks are entitled to to whatever they want when driving.

No did not go on Yorkville,its quite hectic in that area with all the TIFF activities.

15. AGR

AGR Member

Avia2,

Welcome!

We spoke on the phone, I thought you would be there yesterday. The photo gallery is generating immense interest and being viewed a lot of people since it went up last night.

16. Avia2

Avia2 Member

Hi AGR, sorry I wasn't able to make it down on time. The Canadian handout for the event arrive a little late from the printer and I didn't want to miss him with the weekend rush coming. I look forward to seeing you soon.
    Cheers,
    Hans

17. AGR

AGR Member

Totally cool Jalopnik just picked up the story and photo gallery.

FYI:

Yesterday I had some business on Bloor, and also did the photo shoot of the Tesla, put it up last night, at 9PM Auto North gets in touch with me to use the photos and a link, and today Jalopnik features the photos.

We often hear of stuff going viral, its fascinating being the originator and watching it grow. Obvious that Tesla captures the imagination!

@raywert's reply from Twitter
    Of course. Credit and links is what we do best! RT @stradablog: @jalopnik @raywert Thanks for the credit and link :)

18. Albern

Albern Member

Hey AGR,

Obviously people are free to drive almost anywhere they want to, my above comments were merely suggestions.

Hey Hans,

It's great to see you on here. Like I had mentioned above I was hoping that there would be a Tesla rep yesterday in front of Ashley's but this weekend makes more sense. I'll drop by in the later part of Saturday morning to say hi.

19. Albern

Albern Member

#19 Albern, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
  20. Fezman92

Fezman92 Member

I have a band trip up to Toronto this year and when we were told were it was my first though was "There is a Tesla Store up there!" So I am going to be on the lookout for it when we go in late April/Early May and if I see it, I'll get some shots to put up here. I wonder if my band director would let me go in if it is open.....