Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto to Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway no can we get to Florida from Toronto using supperchargers now with the weather being so cold

Yes, leave the Toronto Supercharger with a full charge and go the 246 km to the Kingston Supercharger. Charge to 90% there and off to Utica (223 km). Just don't drive over 110 kph for those first two segments.

After that it is very easy, because the Superchargers are closer together and the weather if warmer. A suggested route would be Albany-Paramus-Hamilton-Newark (DE), Woodbridge and then all the other stops on I-95. This allows you to skip Edison, NJ (heavy traffic area) and Bethesda, MD (only two stalls). The tricky part about Paramus is that you can only enter from the Northbound side of the parkway.

Or it seems you could skip Kingston by using Cornwall. Full charge there should make Utica (270 km) without much problem if driven conservatively and that's a lot less far out of your way, so it's worth being conservative.

We are starting at night and are staying overnight at an RV park on 219 south of Buffalo with an overnight charge. Holiday Valley Lodge on 219 is also an option that is a bit closer to Toronto but further from Somerset.

Here is my complete route in case in can help you. The detour to Charlotte is to visit a family member.

=====================
Night #1
=====================
1. Mississauga - Bettum's Idlewood Family Campground / RV - 299 Big Shanty Rd, Lewis Run, PA
- 274 km

=====================
Full Day 1
=====================
2. Bettum's Idlewood Family Campground - Somerset PA
- 264 km
- MAP
3. Somerset PA - Woodbridge VA
- 309 km
- MAP
4. Woodbridge VA - South Hill VA
- 268 km
- MAP
5. South Hill VA - Huntersville NC
- 332 km
- MAP

=======================
Full Day 2
=======================
6. Huntersville NC - Santee SC
- 271 km
- MAP
7. Santee SC - Savannah GA
- 176 km
- MAP
8. Savannah GA - St Augustine FL
- 284 km
- MAP
9. St Augustine FL - Orlando FL
- 185 km
- MAP

Someone in the Carolinas Facebook group posted an email from someone at Tesla saying they expect to open the Charlotte Supercharger this week. That will help you. At corner of Mallard Creek and Mallard Creek Church Rds in NE Charlotte near I-85.

And the Charlotte Supercharger thread has been vocal about people offering use of their chargers if you need it. I would extend the offer, but since I haven't purchased my Model S yet, I only have 120V charging (dryer outlet inaccessible in the basement).