Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total interface lock on highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While listening to music from USB the complete user interface locked up while doing 150 kmh on the highway. Not fun. Both displays were 100% locked, no speed indication etc. Also systems like indicators, autodrive and light failed. Power, steering brakes all seemed to work though I did not have much confidence in anything at that time. While driving into a petrol station the system did an reset on its own and seemed to work fine. The day before I had to reset twice to get the map to display.

As the USB music was stuttering the whole day I day I got the idea it has something to do with that.

Anybody any advise? Other than writing an email to Tesla and not getting an answer? I don't like to call roadside assist for issues that are not urgent.

I would agree.... if odd, non-urgent (non-safety) issues occur, then rebooting (while parked) is the best answer. That is what the SC or hotline is going to recommend. Think of it like your phone or PC, a reboot restores/fixes issues quickly. Yesterday my NAV system lost the map entirely. No roads at all, just the background grid -- everything else worked perfectly. A simple reboot and the maps restored itself. It was the only time in 3 years this had occurred. Reboot and move on if your Tesla is functional.