Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total loss [Is this totaled?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would never take it to a shop that my insurance company "recommended". Nothing about my repair was Tesla specific. It was simple body work, blend paint and refinish wheel. I took it to the best auto body shop in the area that I've used for over 2 decades. They do fantastic work. They wanted a new bumper cover and State Farm wouldn't cover it. They wanted a new wheel and State Farm wouldn't cover it. The problem is what State Farm is willing to actually pay for repairs. (see post above)
State Farm (and other large insurance companies) are getting their asses handed to them by Mother Nature. Hurricanes, wildfires, mudslides, etc. Natural disasters are happening so frequently some insurers are pulling out of FL and CA. They're going to cut back any way they can.

Erie Insurance (note: I do not work for them and have no connection to them, other than being a satisfied customer for over two decades) operates in Illinois. If you're giving SF the boot, you might want to check them out.

State Farm (and other large insurance companies) are getting their asses handed to them by Mother Nature. Hurricanes, wildfires, mudslides, etc. Natural disasters are happening so frequently some insurers are pulling out of FL and CA. They're going to cut back any way they can.

Erie Insurance (note: I do not work for them and have no connection to them, other than being a satisfied customer for over two decades) operates in Illinois. If you're giving SF the boot, you might want to check them out.

State Farm made $89 Billion last year. They are just fine

State Farm profited $89 Billion last year. They are doing just fine. After paying out all of the claims, salaries, everything...they netted $89 billion dollars. They will be just fine.

I have questions about how the claim in this thread went. It violates how State Farm works. State Farm does NOT itemize claim work as stated.

• Disagree
Reactions: cdswm3

Oh, I'm familiar. They raised my rates before I dropped the for good. I've already moved on to a local insurance broker who find the best deals and coverage for me and takes care of any back and forth with the insurance company for me so I don't have to sit on hold for hours only to be told "tough luck, we're not paying any more"

State Farm profited $89 Billion last year. They are doing just fine. After paying out all of the claims, salaries, everything...they netted $89 billion dollars. They will be just fine.

I have questions about how the claim in this thread went. It violates how State Farm works. State Farm does NOT itemize claim work as stated.

A quick google disagrees. $89 billion was their operating revenue, not profit. They lost a record amount in 2022.

As for my claim. I think we have different understandings about what an adjuster does. The adjuster as I know them is employed by the insurance company. They look at the estimate and the damage on the vehicle and decide what the company will initially pay for the repair. After the car is disassembled, many times more damage is found and the body shop submits supplemental claims to the insurance company. From there it's a negotiation between State Farms standard "rates" and what replacement parts they are willing to pay for vs the rates the shop charges and what they think the car needs to be repaired properly.

Reactions: cdswm3
A quick google disagrees. $89 billion was their operating revenue, not profit. They lost a record amount in 2022.

As for my claim. I think we have different understandings about what an adjuster does. The adjuster as I know them is employed by the insurance company. They look at the estimate and the damage on the vehicle and decide what the company will initially pay for the repair. After the car is disassembled, many times more damage is found and the body shop submits supplemental claims to the insurance company. From there it's a negotiation between State Farms standard "rates" and what replacement parts they are willing to pay for vs the rates the shop charges and what they think the car needs to be repaired properly.
Agree
A negotiation between the body shop/you and the insurance company/adjuster. This is rhe reason to get close and on the same page as the body shop and owner. Closeness equals fighting on your behalf.
Btw, if you goto your insurance company’s authorized ship, hopefully also Tesla authorized, the work is lifetime guaranteed.
Double bonus