Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled car, when does it drop off the account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious of the experiences of anyone who has had their car totaled. I'm not in a hurry to get it off my account because I want to make sure the whole "Free Ludicrous upgrade" thing gets applied properly, but I'm just curious if and when it will drop off on its own? I signed the total loss paperwork yesterday, so I wouldn't expect that for quite some time at least, but will it eventually drop off my account on its own after the insurance company transfers title? Should I call tesla at some point and ask them to remove it?

Curious of the experiences of anyone who has had their car totaled. I'm not in a hurry to get it off my account because I want to make sure the whole "Free Ludicrous upgrade" thing gets applied properly, but I'm just curious if and when it will drop off on its own? I signed the total loss paperwork yesterday, so I wouldn't expect that for quite some time at least, but will it eventually drop off my account on its own after the insurance company transfers title? Should I call tesla at some point and ask them to remove it?
I'm thinking not until Tesla knows the car is no longer yours. How would they find that out if you don't tell them?