Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Totaled or repair? 3 months & 2900 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 was hit by a big truck on the driver side at low speed (I'm not at fault). The whole side was damaged including side mirror, both doors, front, back and back wheel scratches . Currently waiting for damage repair estimates. I got my car early June this year and it only has 2900 miles now :(. Should I consider total my car instead of repairing it? Thanks!!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 166
Totaled typically occurs when you have significant frame/engine/motor/chassis damage. Your damage looks bad but it looks to be on all replaceable panels. Like THXULTRA said, be sure you get a diminished value claim as well.

That sucks. The sill under the door is damaged which is not so easily replaceable and I'd expect the b-pillar (between doors) to be distorted which would make a repair expensive and slow - but not necessarily a write-off. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Totaled typically occurs when you have significant frame/engine/motor/chassis damage. Your damage looks bad but it looks to be on all replaceable panels. Like THXULTRA said, be sure you get a diminished value claim as well.

Thanks for your reply!!
Do you know if I have to hire DV expert to file the diminished value claim or I can do it by myself? Thanks again!!!

My model 3 was hit by a big truck on the driver side at low speed (I'm not at fault). The whole side was damaged including side mirror, both doors, front, back and back wheel scratches . Currently waiting for damage repair estimates. I got my car early June this year and it only has 2900 miles now :(. Should I consider total my car instead of repairing it? Thanks!!
I would "hope" it's totaled, if I were you.