Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Hitch (Factory) Waiting Room

Dodogama

Dec 11, 2019
Seattle, WA
Ordered 8/15 MSM/WHITE+BLK/20"/AWD/no FSD/Tow in Seattle WA

Just got the 2-4 week text yesterday and my SA says tentative delivery for the last 2 weeks of this month (no VIN yet). Seems about right for the end of quarter rush, hoping these "rush' cars are better built than early VINs.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
probably should say this and raise the excitement but I've noticed several posters saying that their delivery was moved up. Including me. I'm picking up 4 days before originally scheduled.

Reactions: CO_MY

Kevin66

Jul 18, 2020
Indiana
I got a text today that mine could be moved up 4 days as well. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to pick up until Tuesday due to being out of town. Getting excited!

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
I got a text today that mine could be moved up 4 days as well. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to pick up until Tuesday due to being out of town. Getting excited!

I was glad to move it as 1 - getting it earlier & 2 - the forecast was for rain on the original date and now sunny. I figure that's much better for examining the car.

Reactions: Kevin66

VMICoastie

Aug 28, 2020
NJ
Got the call today!
Order: 8/24/2020
Added Hitch: 8/28/2020
VIN: X454XX
Delivery date: 23 SEPT
Spec: MY LR AWD, MSM on Black, 20”, Hitch

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
I was glad to move it as 1 - getting it earlier & 2 - the forecast was for rain on the original date and now sunny. I figure that's much better for examining the car.
Unfortunately got a call today saying bad mid-west weather was slowing down the truck and I'd have to wait a couple more days. But I did find out the b-date - 8/23

VMICoastie

Aug 28, 2020
NJ
So they called this afternoon and need to postpone the delivery. Which sucks because I took off of work tomorrow. Going to take a long lunch and, hopefully, pick it up Friday.

Good luck with your delivery.
That stinks, that’s what I am worried about. Luckily I am working from home today I’m case that happens.

Velcade

Sep 18, 2019
Midwest
Everything went smooth. Car is great. I had a bolt in my sub-trunk that they told me not to worry about. The bumper wasn't all the way attached in the middle, I'm assuming from installing the tow hitch. Had to make a service apt for that because I didn't catch it until after I had gotten home. All in all very happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: CO_MY

sjmcman

Aug 27, 2020
Northern Virginia
Everything went smooth. Car is great. I had a bolt in my sub-trunk that they told me not to worry about. The bumper wasn't all the way attached in the middle, I'm assuming from installing the tow hitch. Had to make a service apt for that because I didn't catch it until after I had gotten home. All in all very happy.
Nice! I take delivery in a week and am hoping for a similar experience.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC