Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow hitch install - order part online first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made an appointment with the service center (3 hours away) for a tow hitch install. I received an estimate for $1397.50 and an appointment. Does this mean they have the part? Other threads show folks ordering the part first and having it sent to the service center. I did not know that was the procedure if that’s the way it’s done. Can someone advise? Many thanks.

I made an appointment with the service center (3 hours away) for a tow hitch install. I received an estimate for $1397.50 and an appointment. Does this mean they have the part? Other threads show folks ordering the part first and having it sent to the service center. I did not know that was the procedure if that’s the way it’s done. Can someone advise? Many thanks.

I have an appointment this Saturday for a hitch install. I can confirm that if your estimate has the full cost ($1,300+) they will have the part in hand to do the install. I sent a message within the service appointment to verify. When I setup the appointment 2 weeks ago the hitches were showing as unavailable on the website.

If you are still worried, I suggest doing what I did, go into your appointment and verify they will have the parts for the install.

FYI, I also asked for the harness for the brake controller to be installed under the driver's side kick panel. So if I do decide to add brakes to my 3k utility trailer, I can simply connect a brake controller and be good to go.

Reactions: Gulfbear
I have an appointment this Saturday for a hitch install. I can confirm that if your estimate has the full cost ($1,300+) they will have the part in hand to do the install. I sent a message within the service appointment to verify. When I setup the appointment 2 weeks ago the hitches were showing as unavailable on the website.

If you are still worried, I suggest doing what I did, go into your appointment and verify they will have the parts for the install.

FYI, I also asked for the harness for the brake controller to be installed under the driver's side kick panel. So if I do decide to add brakes to my 3k utility trailer, I can simply connect a brake controller and be good to go.
Thanks! You are exactly right! I did try to verify through app text and two phone calls but they never responded. Only when I got to the service center did they tell me they had the part and everything was fine.