TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tow hook license plate mount possible on refresh nose?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Gforce1, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Gforce1

Gforce1 Member

Jan 31, 2017
    New York
    Searched but couldn't find anything. Does anyone know if it would be possible to use a front plate mount in the tow hook spot on the refresh nose? I know the radar is also on the same side but I don't know where or if it would be affected by a plate down in the lower bumper spot where the tow hook goes. Really want to remove the stock bracket and have the nose wrapped when I pick it up but I need a solution for a front plate to avoid nonsense tickets.

Want to install something like this: US Mill Works - Front License Plate Brackets

I don't know if it would be in the way of any sensors though.

I could probably mount it low enough that it likely wouldn't block anything but I'm unsure.