Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Modey Y LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything I need to know to procure four of them?

1. Call Service Center?
2. Asked them I want 4x TPMS with nuts
3. Will they have them onsite or has to be ordered. If ordered I can give them a different address on the mainland California?
4. How will it take to ship them? How long does it take them.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess I’m stalling to get them because then I have to order my after market wheel that I’m on the fence on. Seeing folks with pups wheel gets me real jealsous.
The 21" PUPS wheel setup is a money pit. Unless you are also thinking about getting coilover suspension with the 21's, you will suffer from harsh ride. Then there's the inability to rotate tires because they're staggered. Not to mention the tires that will cost you $500 a piece every time you need new ones.

The 21" PUPS wheel setup is a money pit. Unless you are also thinking about getting coilover suspension with the 21's, you will suffer from harsh ride. Then there's the inability to rotate tires because they're staggered. Not to mention the tires that will cost you $500 a piece every time you need new ones.

Agree.. I'll probably go 20's (i'm on 19's right now) to find a happy medium. Probably will regret 20's and wished I got 21's but will get over it.

I do have coilovers on order.

Else requesting the TPMS was simple as mentioned in the post above.

I'm not sure what the upcharge is though..

Looking at the invoice it says it needs 20 Nut Lugs. Let me know if I don't need this.

IMG_0867.PNG

Last edited:
Agree.. I'll probably go 20's (i'm on 19's right now) to find a happy medium. Probably will regret 20's and wished I got 21's but will get over it.

I do have coilovers on order.

Else requesting the TPMS was simple as mentioned in the post above.

I'm not sure what the upcharge is though..

Looking at the invoice it says it needs 20 Nut Lugs. Let me know if I don't need this.

View attachment 641398

Haha, yea... I thought about doing the same though until I found out how heavy those 21s were. With tires, they're about 70 lbs per corner! It was an easy decision after that. I have aftermarket rotary forged 20s that weigh just a tick over 44 lbs a corner with tires and am very happy with the decision. I don't condone unnecessary unsprung weight. LOL.

You don't need/want the OEM lug nuts. I'd suggest investing in a set of Gorilla lock nuts for the new wheels instead. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4VSVYG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: