Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS Recommendation - Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the exact same set but it wasn't much less after shipping to Canada, so I had them shipped to the UPS store in Buffalo and picked them up there as I had to go there anyway to pick up a set of rims I had bought around the same time.

Interesting. I thought I saw that shipping to Canada was the same price, but maybe a little slower. Could be wrong.
I’m in the US often enough it didn’t matter.

If you’ve gotten them, let me know if you have any issues. I’ll have mine Tuesday and will need to get them installed.
The last set I bought (from a shady source) didn’t work so I don’t want to do this a third time.

Hi Guys

I'm looking ahead into the winter with getting a winter set and see if any one has any recommendations for TPMS in Canada (Vancouver) or online

Looked at some threads but seems most of it is for USA

Thanks!
I have ITM TPMS sensors for my Model S, bought from/installed by 1010 Tires (formerly Volco) - a local Vancouver company but also have an office/warehouse/installation centre in Mississauga, plus online sales. Great service, I was buying a new set of summer wheels at the time as well, and they cloned the sensors to match my OEM ones on my winter set of wheels. No problems with them after 3 years.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk and jha0330
Interesting. I thought I saw that shipping to Canada was the same price, but maybe a little slower. Could be wrong.
I’m in the US often enough it didn’t matter.

If you’ve gotten them, let me know if you have any issues. I’ll have mine Tuesday and will need to get them installed.
The last set I bought (from a shady source) didn’t work so I don’t want to do this a third time.
I won't know how they are till May next year! I bought them for my summer wheels and it was just convenience to buy them now when I picked up the rims.

I have ITM TPMS sensors for my Model S, bought from/installed by 1010 Tires (formerly Volco) - a local Vancouver company but also have an office/warehouse/installation centre in Mississauga, plus online sales. Great service, I was buying a new set of summer wheels at the time as well, and they cloned the sensors to match my OEM ones on my winter set of wheels. No problems with them after 3 years.
Where is their Mississauga location? Link or address please?

For anyone living near Guelph Ontario, there is a parts store (Guelph Auto Parts) that sells these sensors for $30 each and they will program them for you. Cheapest I have come across and so far have bought two sets without any issue.

Thanks Dutch. Just purchased them from Guelph auto parts as well. They're half the price that I've seen anywhere else.

For anyone living near Guelph Ontario, there is a parts store (Guelph Auto Parts) that sells these sensors for $30 each and they will program them for you. Cheapest I have come across and so far have bought two sets without any issue.

Just called and ordered a set delivered to Calgary. They are now $39 each though but was only $15 to ship which is great. Great guys there - super helpful.

Thanks for posting this.

Reactions: PearlShark
Any updates on this. Which is the best place to get aftermarket second gen TPMS for a Model S, with install?

I can get a set off ebay but it doesn't come pre-programmed. Other issue is I don't have a set of working TPMS to copy to the new sensors, I don't know if that will cause an issue?

Which is the best place to get aftermarket second gen TPMS for a Model S, with install?
How old is your S? I’m not clear on what you mean by a “second gen” S since Tesla does not use that term.

I just bought a new set of winter wheels/tires from Kal Tire for my 2017 X and they installed a generic set of TPMS that work fine. Cost $239. Product code AG1237329355-T93450A (that’s probably Kal Tire’s code, not the manufacturers). They said that newer Teslas can only use a specific type of Bluetooth TPMS that they buy from Tesla and cost much more.

Reactions: Vawlkus
Speaking of TPMS wheel sensors, can they be calibrated? I ask because the local Kaltire snapped one off when I bought new tires from them last summer. The new sensor consistently reads 2 pounds lower that the rest and two pounds lower on my tire gauge. Maybe the shop carries a device for this?

How old is your S? I’m not clear on what you mean by a “second gen” S since Tesla does not use that term.

I just bought a new set of winter wheels/tires from Kal Tire for my 2017 X and they installed a generic set of TPMS that work fine. Cost $239. Product code AG1237329355-T93450A (that’s probably Kal Tire’s code, not the manufacturers). They said that newer Teslas can only use a specific type of Bluetooth TPMS that they buy from Tesla and cost much more.

It's a 2012, but it's been retrofitted to the second gen TPMS sensors. The first gen is only 2012-2014 S's (depending on VIN, some 14S's have 2nd Gen). The older gen sensors could not see the individual PSI on each wheel.

Your 17X would have second Gen TPMS. I could get the sensors online for probably around $80 but want to know if there's any decent local (GTA, Toronto) shops for install. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned $30/sensors in Guelph. I wouldn't mind if a shop could do an install for me, under $150 ideally.

It's a 2012, but it's been retrofitted to the second gen TPMS sensors. The first gen is only 2012-2014 S's (depending on VIN, some 14S's have 2nd Gen). The older gen sensors could not see the individual PSI on each wheel.
Thank you. I had a 2013 Model S and reading what you said reminded me of that limitation. I always thought it was odd that my S could not give me individual tire pressure readings; it would only alert me if a tire was low but wouldn’t tell me which tire! Things have certainly improved since those early days…