Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS reports "tire pressure higher than recommended value" at 45 PSI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they look exactly like the oem tesla’s so I thought they might be the same but with only missing the tesla logo…. But sadly not. So will wait now dor the oem’s to come in and then get them swapped out
Each sensor was $5.50 - no way they're the same. Get a set of OEM new/takeoffs on eBay for $150. You can get great OEM sensors there without paying Tesla $95/ea - that's robbery.

Each sensor was $5.50 - no way they're the same. Get a set of OEM new/takeoffs on eBay for $150. You can get great OEM sensors there without paying Tesla $95/ea - that's robbery.
Folks , I had run my tire pressures at 50 psi for years , both in a Model S and now my Model Y . Never had to over pressure alert until a few updates back . It was a software update to your cars . Now I am having to keep the pressures at around 42 psi . Jim

Folks , I had run my tire pressures at 50 psi for years , both in a Model S and now my Model Y . Never had to over pressure alert until a few updates back . It was a software update to your cars . Now I am having to keep the pressures at around 42 psi . Jim
Thanks for the insight. The temperature has been unseasonably warm here that may have driven my tire pressures higher and for longer durations. The warning might have a trajectory or deadband associated with it as it was not consistent to a specific pressure, but certainly repeatable between 44 and 46psi.

Attachments

• 20231218_154323.jpg
    20231218_154323.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20231218_154536.jpg
    20231218_154536.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 24
Has there been a resolution to this? I just switched to my new summer wheelset and have the over pressure error at 45lbs psi. TPMS purchased from PMCTIRE. They have confirmed the sensors are OEM.
It may be that there is newer software claiming 45 is over.

It may be that your sensors are not actually OEM. There are plenty that look just like OEM for sale.

You need to check with the tyre shop's gauge that your TPMS are indeed reading correctly. Should be very obvious if they are not.

It may be that there is newer software claiming 45 is over.

It may be that your sensors are not actually OEM. There are plenty that look just like OEM for sale.

You need to check with the tyre shop's gauge that your TPMS are indeed reading correctly. Should be very obvious if they are not.
Yes, the psi is correct measured on other vehicles and my original Tesla wheelset. The seller is sending me another set and I will update shortly.

I run them at 44 cold while driving in the heat they go up to 46, never had that message ever

My tpms are oem from tsprtline
I put winters on the original Gemini and TPMS and had no issues all winter. I've seen the psi go as high as 48 without any issues. As soon as I swapped to the new summers with new Arachnoid style wheels and original all seasons, I got the error.

I put winters on the original Gemini and TPMS and had no issues all winter. I've seen the psi go as high as 48 without any issues. As soon as I swapped to the new summers with new Arachnoid style wheels and original all seasons, I got the error.
For the OP they swapped to OEM sensor and then never reported back, so presumably it was fixed by doing that? You can probably @ the OP to see if that was the issue.

Another post upthread also had someone buy from PMC Tire and had the same issue.
TPMS reports "tire pressure higher than recommended value" at 45 PSI

The problem for me was the Chinese replica tpms sensors. Swapped for original Tesla ones and never got the message again

Also the message saying 2 minutes ago under the pressure is gone as if the oem's read the pressure must more time per minute than the fake once

Chinese copy:
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-24 om 09.38.57.png

Tesla oem (with T logo)
Scherm­afbeelding 2024-03-04 om 17.40.09.png

The problem for me was the Chinese replica tpms sensors. Swapped for original Tesla ones and never got the message again

Also the message saying 2 minutes ago under the pressure is gone as if the oem's read the pressure must more time per minute than the fake once

Chinese copy:
View attachment 1050027

Tesla oem (with T logo)
View attachment 1050028
Boedha-Online: Thank you for the update. My sensors look legit but who knows now a days. Hopefully I can rectify this with the replacements.

Attachments

• 20230927_113443.jpg
    20230927_113443.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 4
How come?

There used to be a cabbie here who ran his passenger front 10psi over so it didn't get chopped out on the U turns and tight roundabouts as much.

It was less than comfortable if you hit a bump on the passenger side. He said that was a good tradeoff.
Like I said, it might be a software update with a narrow threshold window.
I put 4K miles on the car and never had this happen @ 50PSI. ???