Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track Mode for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think Track Mode on the Model 3 has anything to do with motor performance. Not from what I have read. The adjustments that Track Mode offers on the 3 are related to things like stability control such that the car can drift without the car trying to correct or stabilize the vehicle.

Given this I too wonder if similar adjustments could be made to the Model S.

Reactions: SpottedDolphin
Screenshot_20180721-150724.jpg
20180721_213317.jpg
Yep, this is just a 20 min session and not getting up to full speed, a lead follow event with instructor in front. So track mode would be Regen low, set suspension to always on lowest setting, Tire pressure up to 52. That's about all you can do.

But if the motor can't be sufficiently cooled what difference does a suspension/stability track mode make.........
It would make a LOT of difference in the corners. Overheating only affects acceleration (and regen). "Track Mode" for the S could get rid of the understeer like it does on the Model 3. Even though the S would be in limp mode after a lap or two it would still be fun.

i would love to drift with the Model S (P90D)
do you think there is any chance for this?

I’ve done it with a rear motor, and it worked ok. The D would be much harder; I’ve been looking for a good seal coat surface on a rainy day to try. Would be ideal if I could get the dealer mode trick, where it can emulate other models such as a single motor (RWD).

I'd really like to see track mode for the Model s because enhanced track mode will have front rear torque bias settings so it could behave like a RWD, AWD or FWD car. Fun in the snow wouldn't cause motor overheating. I am hopeful, it's just software.

I bought my car for me, not some random stranger, and it's been paid for in full for years. People will generally always disagree with that kind of wildly inaccurate assumption. Some of us enjoy our cars; you don't want to that's fine but don't expect anyone to listen to you any more than you will listen to us telling you you're a danger to society for hacking your car and driving it on public roads. Nobody will be able to safely own your car ever again and that itself is a form of pollution.

I don't believe what I'm saying but since you do maybe arguing against your own words will dissolve some of that presumption. Go ahead and explain why you disagree with you.