Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Track record of anti-Tesla FUD vs reality over the last 15 years?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yonki

Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2015
Pacific Grove, CA
Has anyone (in a thread here on TMC or anywhere else) kept a running, semi-detailed timeline of all the anti-Tesla FUD with each item followed by how it was proven utterly wrong? I'm getting so tired of trying to explain to people how things are actually AMAZING at Tesla, when all they are hearing from the financial and generic press is how the cars are trying to kill the passengers (and somehow manage to pollute more than ICE vehicles) (and don't get me started on subsidies) and the company is moments from bankruptcy (as well as systematically killing their employees by banning the color yellow and disabling reverse beeping on forklifts, etc.).

It would be so great to be able to point people to a web page that shows, with attributed quotes and dates, this cycle of FUD, vindication, then new FUD with no acknowledgement that the previous FUD was groundless.

It would make it easy for a casual observer to see that there has historically been a ton of anti-Tesla propaganda and that it is rarely (if ever) correct.

Surely someone is keeping a comprehensive list? Seems like something Tesla IR should be doing - it would probably be worth 50 points to the stock price.

Has anyone (in a thread here on TMC or anywhere else) kept a running, semi-detailed timeline of all the anti-Tesla FUD with each item followed by how it was proven utterly wrong? I'm getting so tired of trying to explain to people how things are actually AMAZING at Tesla, when all they are hearing from the financial and generic press is how the cars are trying to kill the passengers (and somehow manage to pollute more than ICE vehicles) (and don't get me started on subsidies) and the company is moments from bankruptcy (as well as systematically killing their employees by banning the color yellow and disabling reverse beeping on forklifts, etc.).

It would be so great to be able to point people to a web page that shows, with attributed quotes and dates, this cycle of FUD, vindication, then new FUD with no acknowledgement that the previous FUD was groundless.

It would make it easy for a casual observer to see that there has historically been a ton of anti-Tesla propaganda and that it is rarely (if ever) correct.

Surely someone is keeping a comprehensive list? Seems like something Tesla IR should be doing - it would probably be worth 50 points to the stock price.

The best site I have seen of late is teslaFUD.com.
It is fairly new and will improve with time. A great place to direct friends who want some perspective regarding Tesla.

The best site I have seen of late is teslaFUD.com.
It is fairly new and will improve with time. A great place to direct friends who want some perspective regarding Tesla.
It might have some great information in there somewhere but it's not very easy to digest. I think the best way would be a table (or two columns), with headings like these:

Rumor/Lie | Reality

Prediction | What Actually Happened

Each entry would have a simple summary with a link to the source of the info for more detail.

Doesn't seem like there's anything like that out there - I'll see if I can find time to start working on one later this week.

I like the input. Honestly I don’t have enough time at the moment to devote to TeslaFUD with all that I have going on. Since this isn’t a money-making endeavor, I’m certainly willing to having contributors help me with the site, all I need is emails to send account info to, and then I can add people as contributors. I likely need to just dedicate a specific time slice every other day to the site as well.