Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking the container ship...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

Just got word that my MX has left the US on its way to Holland however it's only today my online account has been updated to say it's been loaded on a vessel and i'm keen to try and track it.

I've had a look on: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

But struggling to see anything in the ports heading for Holland, has the boat likely left? i'm guessing they dont move too fast so any help/tricks trying to locate which boat it is would be appreciated.

Thanks

I totally get your frustration! According to my Tesla app, ours has been in transit since July 3.....only to then be told that was incorrect and the car wasn't out of production until July 13th....and now nothing until it hits the Canadian border. I know this phase will end at some point, but it feels like time is crawling!

Hey Everyone,

Just got word that my MX has left the US on its way to Holland however it's only today my online account has been updated to say it's been loaded on a vessel and i'm keen to try and track it.

I've had a look on: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

But struggling to see anything in the ports heading for Holland, has the boat likely left? i'm guessing they dont move too fast so any help/tricks trying to locate which boat it is would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hey I ordered my MX in back in december and managed to get a manual match a few days ago via the new inventory on the tesla website. I called up tesla and they said its in transit and somewhere in the Atlantic. Yours might be on there as well. One of the names of the ships tesla use is Silver ray- maybe try looking that up?

Hey Everyone,

Thanks

I assume you've been given your VIN (or hidden VIN at least)? Out of interest is is the actual VIN or the encoded version that Tesla now seem to be using on their inventory pages?
Either way if you check your source code under your order it might say something like "VessalArrivalDate" at which point your should be able to match it to a ship.

There are 2 ships I'm aware of that are inbound for the Belgium / Netherlands that are likely candidates:

SAFMARINE MAFADI
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...369390000/imo:9314210/vessel:SAFMARINE_MAFADI
Arriving in Rotterdam on July 27th

Maersk Montana
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...i:367759000/imo:9305312/vessel:MAERSK_MONTANA
Which has just left Norfolk (VA) and will be arriving in Rotterdam on the August 3rd

I'll finally add the warning that this could be wrong and I bow the superior knowledge of vedaprime and Mr Miserable.