Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control disabled and other several message...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 5 error messages today:
Traction control disabled, cruise control disabled, automatic emergency braking disabled, regenerative braking disabled, contact service is needed

This is the second time, after a week of the first time.
Re-boot can remove the codes, but service people asked me to drive in. (200+ miles!)
Anyone had this experience?
If I ask for towing service, who will pay for the trip?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 2,951
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Traction control disabled, cruise control disabled, automatic emergency braking disabled, regenerative braking disabled, contact service is needed

Re-boot can remove the codes, but service people asked me to drive in. (200+ miles!)

I’ve got the same problem. Same messages and live in Michigan. They want me to go to Cleveland. 200mi drive. I’m hoping the mobile service unit can help me. Waiting for a call to schedule.

What did they do when you took it in for service?

I had the exact same thing happen to my Model 3 yesterday morning when I jumped in to go to work. I didn't have time to deal with it so when a simple reset didn't fix it I took my other car instead.

I called service when I got home (the errors were actually gone at that point) and they told me to take it in but it's drivable in the meantime.

I did not take the car to the service center. although they agreed to tow on their expense.I restarted the car and removed the code. Then i drove carefully for couple days without seeing any code. It has been good since then.
My personal experience, you make decision yourself.

I had this issue. Car was driveable, and I called Roadside when I got home. They did a mobile diagnostics snapshot. Had me power down. After power down, only 1 error message came back.

Plugged the car in for the night, that message was gone in the morning. I never saw any again.

About 2 weeks later, I got a call from Tesla Mobile Service. They wanted to replace the Steering Wheel Control Module from the diagnostics (1097662-00-L was the part they put in). They had already ordered it for me, and replaced it in my work parking lot. Took about 30 minutes.

I've seen other threads that said this was the problem as well. So that should probably be what you expect.

I also had the blinker issue that is going around, so this fixed that as well!

Model 3 problem: Purchased August 2018. First problem started in Oct. 2018. (2 months of age)
Persistent warning messages and ABS acting on with sudden stops when pressing on the brake. Considered unsafe to drive. Tried Power Off & hard reboot (pushing both scrolling wheels + pressing on the brake). These trials didn't work. When these error messages happened before, I was able to use Power Off to remove them. But it didn't work today (12/6). The warning messages are:
- Automatic Emergency Braking is disabled
- Traction control disabled
- Regenerative braking disabled
- Stability control disabled
- Car needs service, Steering assist reduced

Problems happened 4 times. 1st time 2 months ago, 2nd time 1 week ago, 3rd time 3 days ago, 4th time 2 days ago and never been fixed.
First 3 times can be fixed by Power Off. 4th time can not be fixed. Scheduled a visit to Tesla Service a few days from now.

The vehicle is not too safe to operate while the ABS is acting up because the braking is too sharp. Other than that, it works like a regular car, no special functions.

I just had all those errors pop up, stability off, regents brake, auto brake, traction control all turned off. Tried reboot (brake and two buttons) but it came back. Got home, plugged it in, will check and do power off test in morning. If I need to take it in, this’ll be the second service visit in about 2 weeks and I’ve owned the car for about 4 weeks now. I’m kinda feeling nervous about ownership.

Attachments

• 6634C9B2-D019-4B4D-A236-64BB9D3E527F.jpeg
    6634C9B2-D019-4B4D-A236-64BB9D3E527F.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 1,388
After an hour of being off and charging, 3 errors cleared, but one for emergency braking remains. Will see in am if that clears as well. Thanks for the advice in this thread, seems as if time off clears this cluster of errors. If not, off to service tomorrow.

I had this happen 1 time on a cold day, and a "power off" through the service menu resolved the issue. (Soft resets through the steering wheel with or without pedal press did nothing) There was nothing wrong with the car. This was weeks ago and nothing has showed up since then. This is my 3rd Tesla and I've seen random things like that before like NAV not working or traction disabled. If things like that appear out of nowhere, always try a reboot first. (Both soft reset and/or hard power off) If it persists, then you need to contact service.

Last edited:
Powered down all night, charging to full over night. This morning emergency braking was still disabled so I did one more hard reset (brake plus steering buttons) and everything finally came up roses. Hopefully will not come back up and or fixed permanently in the next firmware update. Thanks for the advice everyone. And just to confirm this issue is resolved after a few resets and powering down overnight.

I've had my M3 in multiple times now for this same issue, twice towed in. Something about a particular circuit relay that is used by all those systems. (My errors would always start with Auto Emergency Braking disabled, then cascade to include no cruise, no traction control, parking brake error, no regen, and steering assist reduced.)

Sometimes hard reset & power off would work, sometimes it wouldn't. But then letting it sit overnight, the codes would disappear by morning. Finally took it in again this week because everything failed twice on a 2-hour trip. (No cruise in heavy highway traffic was pretty annoying.) They ended up replacing the entire wiring harness after finding a connector that might not have been fully set at the factory. (I'm not 100% sure that's what it was, though, b/c storms knocked out their power before I got there so they didn't have access to the invoice and the techs had left for the day."