Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction control disabled and other several message...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my M3 in multiple times now for this same issue, twice towed in. Something about a particular circuit relay that is used by all those systems. (My errors would always start with Auto Emergency Braking disabled, then cascade to include no cruise, no traction control, parking brake error, no regen, and steering assist reduced.)

Sometimes hard reset & power off would work, sometimes it wouldn't. But then letting it sit overnight, the codes would disappear by morning. Finally took it in again this week because everything failed twice on a 2-hour trip. (No cruise in heavy highway traffic was pretty annoying.) They ended up replacing the entire wiring harness after finding a connector that might not have been fully set at the factory. (I'm not 100% sure that's what it was, though, b/c storms knocked out their power before I got there so they didn't have access to the invoice and the techs had left for the day."

Same 5 error messages on a Model X - nov 2018.
11 000km. Tesla Skøyen service did really focus well, and over this weekend they changed front end to back harness cabling assembly. I could see in app that location of car was changing from Skøyen to Palo Alto HQ.
I presume they were testing from Palo Alto.
It seems that the car is ready, but it is not released yet. Hopefully the new harness stopped error messages.

I just had the following six alerts pop up in my 2015 S.

We now have a service appointment in January. They've said that this is not something mobile service can handle.
20211221_141922-tarla_service_alerts.jpg

We got the car back. They said all of the messages could have been due to the eMMC chip recall except for the "ABS disabled." They all came on at once, so I suspect the ABS issue was the sole root cause, but they did the eMMC replacement at the same time. They found that the left anti-lock brake sensor cable had broken, so they replaced the sensor (apparently the cable and the sensor are one part). The total repair was about $170; I had been afraid it was going to be much more.

Reactions: wodnik7
I started having this issue several weeks ago. I took it to the service center in Seattle and they had the car for a week and couldn't find anything wrong with the car even though I had showed them this and a few other similar posts. The car worked well for another week until it failed again without being able to be fixed with a reboot. This time they "found a ground loose" and "After tightening" everything was fixed inscluding the windshield wipers that failed along with the ABS, steering, regen braking, etc. I have asked where the ground was located and how it could have come loose but haven't received an answer. I am very glad I wasn't driving on a rainy day down a hill around an off-angle corner when it all failed 3 different times. I am also glad it is fixed!

Yesterday I had the car washed, charged at SuC, and no problems. Today they came all together. As @pcrow

Never had the issues before. Any advice what to check? Maybe a connection got wet?

If it's the anti-lock brake sensor cable like with mine, I'm not sure if that's accessible to check yourself. I suppose it's possible that the car wash got water somewhere that is tripping something, and it will dry out, but if it doesn't go away, you'll likely need to schedule a service appointment.

Reactions: wodnik7
If it's the anti-lock brake sensor cable like with mine, I'm not sure if that's accessible to check yourself. I suppose it's possible that the car wash got water somewhere that is tripping something, and it will dry out, but if it doesn't go away, you'll likely need to schedule a service appointment.
Can you tell the part number from the invoice? I will then look which one it fould be. Thanks, @pcrow

Add me to the group that got the errors in a 2015 Model S. Explicitly the errors DAS_w009, ESP_w001, ESP_w002, ESP_w003, GTW_w181, DI_w039.

Happened yesterday on a heavy rain day immediately after leaving a Supercharger. Unfortunately, neither reboot nor power off cleared the codes, and letting the vehicle sit overnight in hopes of drying out (after driving the last 350 miles of the road trip without cruise control...) had no effect either. Will give it a couple days to see if they go away after an extended period of no driving before trying to schedule a service appt.

We got the car back. They said all of the messages could have been due to the eMMC chip recall except for the "ABS disabled." They all came on at once, so I suspect the ABS issue was the sole root cause, but they did the eMMC replacement at the same time. They found that the left anti-lock brake sensor cable had broken, so they replaced the sensor (apparently the cable and the sensor are one part). The total repair was about $170; I had been afraid it was going to be much more.
Did the issue ever repeat itself after the dealer fix? I have 2017 Model S 90D with the same error codes. Mine keep coming on and off. They sent me a repair estimate of $440. I find it odd that the firmware update they just sent out was supposed to address some of these issues. None I’ve which I’ve had up until now. I’m unsure that they’re going to be able to fix this.

Attachments

• 46A38B96-051F-41EE-B371-108CB4E9EAA7.jpeg
    46A38B96-051F-41EE-B371-108CB4E9EAA7.jpeg
    393.5 KB · Views: 48
  • E26EDCB7-7FF7-43E1-BB05-2C1235AED3F3.jpeg
    E26EDCB7-7FF7-43E1-BB05-2C1235AED3F3.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 56
I just had this same error list pop up on my 22 MYLR. First “cold” night of the year. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. I did the hard power down from the menu and it appears to be back to normal. Will report back if it returns and is a bigger issue than just a software snafu.
IMG_4167.jpeg