Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traction Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my RWD long range 3 since March and I’ve had some pretty unnerving losses of traction in the last month. No error messages on the display and the tires have plenty of tread left. It feels like I have zero traction control. I’ve gotten into a slide in the rain, I’ve had the back end trying to pass me multiple times and I feel no electronic assistance. I had a RWD Model S and had no issues. I have never seen the traction control engagement light on in the 3. Anyone else experience this?

Definitely take the car in and have Tesla review the logs if you feel like something is wrong.

If you were to stop on a wet street with no excessive accumulation of oil, so no stop signs or stop lights, and punch it (floor it), will you spin the rear wheels or does it just go? If you have no traction control, the Model 3 will have zero issue spinning the wheels in this scenario.

If it hasn't rained in a while, oil and sand will accumulate on the road and the next rain will be especially slick. In an artificially slick intersection with EV torque, it's probably fairly easy to get sideways, even with digital wheel speed control.