Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in accessories on trade in to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there,
Just ordered my first Tesla 3 LR. About a month from delivery! Very excited. I’m trading in my 2018 F150 to Tesla directly. They offered me a good price about 2k less than other competitors (getting 29, paid 36 for the car 40k miles ago… great trade in market). The trade in approval process was smooth and in Colorado trade it affects the taxable price favorably so I’m actually getting more value trading into Tesla directly by a large taxable reduction, my state sales tax dropped from 2800 to 1200 after the trade in and I believe this will apply to my local taxes as well ? Anyways, I was not able to input accessories I have on the truck. I know many cars it doesn’t matter but truck accessories are pretty standard and passed along as they all valued in my appraisals elsewhere. I Got a hard tonneau cover($1000), running boards($400), weathertech mats($300), and a linex spray cover($650 obviously can’t take this out though). Are they going to ask me any more questions about the car that would change the offer? Or should I take these accessories off and try to sell privately?

Hey there,
Just ordered my first Tesla 3 LR. About a month from delivery! Very excited. I’m trading in my 2018 F150 to Tesla directly. They offered me a good price about 2k less than other competitors (getting 29, paid 36 for the car 40k miles ago… great trade in market). The trade in approval process was smooth and in Colorado trade it affects the taxable price favorably so I’m actually getting more value trading into Tesla directly by a large taxable reduction, my state sales tax dropped from 2800 to 1200 after the trade in and I believe this will apply to my local taxes as well ? Anyways, I was not able to input accessories I have on the truck. I know many cars it doesn’t matter but truck accessories are pretty standard and passed along as they all valued in my appraisals elsewhere. I Got a hard tonneau cover($1000), running boards($400), weathertech mats($300), and a linex spray cover($650 obviously can’t take this out though). Are they going to ask me any more questions about the car that would change the offer? Or should I take these accessories off and try to sell privately?
So what did you do ?
I'm thinking of trading my '20 F350, also has ford spray in liner and hard tonneau cover- probably the same one lol.
I didn't think they would take a trade like that. But for me my truck is worth more then what I am going to order so I guess I will see what they say when I go in wed for a test drive

So what did you do ?
I'm thinking of trading my '20 F350, also has ford spray in liner and hard tonneau cover- probably the same one lol.
I didn't think they would take a trade like that. But for me my truck is worth more then what I am going to order so I guess I will see what they say when I go in wed for a test drive
I took everything off, except the liner obviously. Sold it locally online. Loving the switch from the truck., redefines the driving experience.

Reactions: UltradoomY