Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Low Trade in Offer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad Tesla got rid of the soft touch inner lower door panels, near the cup holder. My water bottles have dinged that material up on my 2018 Model 3, so I appreciate that now with my 2023 Model Y Performance the material is a harder plastic. But why would they line the inside of it with felt? That will wear down quickly. And instead of a solid plastic covering over the dead pedal, like my Model 3 had, now they covered it with carpet. Why would they do that?! It's just another area that will wear down. Come on Tesla!
The door pockets rattle when objects are in it. Having it be felt would reduce the noise of such rattles.

Or, we could just wrap the junk we put in there with a rag so nothing rattles. The felt will wear down and the rattling will still occur.
Yes, ideally that is what people should do, but many don't and yet still complain about noise to the manufacturer or dealer (seen plenty of cases in the "Just Rolled In" Youtube channel where customers complain about noise, when the noise is coming from their own items and not the car).

Reactions: Resist
There’s another company that The Bearded Tesla used or one of this subs or something that pays top dollars, way more then Carvana, Vroom and CarMax, If I find them I will post here.

The company is CarBuyerUSA.com
I would be wary of CarBuyerUSA - we attempted to sell our 2018 Nissan LEAF to them last year. Initially, they offered a great price on their site. When we said we wanted to go with it they lowered their price before sending out a independent inspector - after inspection they offered an even lower price several thousand less than the first offer. I talked with many different people at the company and it all seemed like bait and switch to me. Every time they contacted me the price went down.

That car was sold to Carvana a few weeks later for more a bit less than CarBuyerUSA's highest original offer - but more than the adjusted offers

We just sold our 2019 M3 to Carvana - it was so easy...we received less than we wanted, but the ease of sale is a big bonus.

• Informative
Reactions: afadeev
Sadly, because my Model 3's Premium Connectivity was on the annual subscription price plan
Did you get your model 3 used? I didn't think that there were any 2018's that didn't get free-forever premium connectivity. Specifically "All Tesla vehicles ordered on or before January 9, 2020 will continue to have access to existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for the lifetime of the vehicle". It seems to say that even if its bought USED you should still have premium connectivity forever on a 2018.

Did you get your model 3 used? I didn't think that there were any 2018's that didn't get free-forever premium connectivity.

There are absolutely, positively, 10000% 2018 model 3s that dont have free forever premium connectivity. That was only for vehicles ordered before end of third quarterr 2018. Source, me, and my own 2018 model 3 ordered November 2018, delivered December of 2018, without free premium connectivity even though its a model 3 performance.

Reactions: gearchruncher
Specifically "All Tesla vehicles ordered on or before January 9, 2020 will continue to have access to existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for the lifetime of the vehicle". It seems to say that even if its bought USED you should still have premium connectivity forever on a 2018.
(I should have combined this with the other post, but I cant edit it now and quote this text).

This means "vehicles that currently have free premium connectivity", not all 2018 vehicles.

for me personally it's too much of an issue for me to bother with, my time is more valuable.

That's the real answer then.

How did you get your Model 3 in the first place? Can't you just use that same method of transportation to get to the showroom for your Model Y?

As for selling to Carvana / Vroom / etc, I thought they came to you for pickup. At least one of them advertised that.

Did you get your model 3 used? I didn't think that there were any 2018's that didn't get free-forever premium connectivity. Specifically "All Tesla vehicles ordered on or before January 9, 2020 will continue to have access to existing Premium Connectivity features at no cost for the lifetime of the vehicle". It seems to say that even if its bought USED you should still have premium connectivity forever on a 2018.
I bought my Model 3 new back in 2018. It came with 6 months free of premium connectivity. After that I was paying $9.99 a month and when they started the yearly $99 thing I did that. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I paid the $99 for the year in April and just traded it in so basically I lost out on the rest of the plans year because they don't prorate a refund. Guess that's the down side to paying in advance for the entire year. Just like with the DMV registration in my state.

That's the real answer then.

How did you get your Model 3 in the first place? Can't you just use that same method of transportation to get to the showroom for your Model Y?

As for selling to Carvana / Vroom / etc, I thought they came to you for pickup. At least one of them advertised that.
When I bought my Model 3 new I had a relative that drove up to Fremont with me to get the car. He was not available this time nor were any of my friends. But it's a non issue now because the deal is done and I have the new car. Yes, I took a hit on the trade in but now I don't have to waste my time trying to sell it and the registration was due soon on it as well and if I sold it after paying the registration, I wouldn't get that money back or the insurance on it. I'm good and have the new Model Y and really like it so much better than the Model 3, it has more room and I sit up in it instead of sitting down like with the Model 3. It was getting to my back after a while.

One thing I just realized is that I never got one of those window stickers for the car, that shows all the options and vehicle price and fuel economy. Aren't those supposed to be included by law?

The Monroney sticker is required to be affixed to the side window or windshield by the manufacturers before shipment of new vehicles to the dealer for sale in the United States and it can only be removed by the consumer (Chapter 28, Sections 1231–1233, Title 15 of the United States Code). A fine of up to US$1,000 per vehicle for each offense is authorized if the sticker is missing, and other fees and penalties are authorized if the sticker is altered illegally (including imprisonment).

Looks like Elon is heading to the Big House!

I bought my Model 3 new back in 2018. It came with 6 months free of premium connectivity. After that I was paying $9.99 a month and when they started the yearly $99 thing I did that. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I paid the $99 for the year in April and just traded it in so basically I lost out on the rest of the plans year because they don't prorate a refund. Guess that's the down side to paying in advance for the entire year. Just like with the DMV registration in my state.
I did understand, but was surprised you were paying it at all. Its a bit strange they don't prorate a refund, perhaps with some 'restocking' cost ;)

One thing I just realized is that I never got one of those window stickers for the car, that shows all the options and vehicle price and fuel economy. Aren't those supposed to be included by law?
Not required by law since Tesla doesn't use dealers:

That said, I got one with my Tesla purchases. But you can find most of this in the manage section of your Tesla account on Tesla.com

I think my Money sticker was in the under-trunk.

I'm good and have the new Model Y and really like it so much better than the Model 3

Not possible. 😜

There are absolutely, positively, 10000% 2018 model 3s that dont have free forever premium connectivity. That was only for vehicles ordered before end of third quarterr 2018. Source, me, and my own 2018 model 3 ordered November 2018, delivered December of 2018, without free premium connectivity even though its a model 3 performance.
My recollection is that LPC ended at the end of the second quarter in 2018 (June 30th, 2018). It was the main reason why I pulled the trigger when I did (June 17th) and ordered my car (2018 LR RWD) before the AWD came out.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I think my Money sticker was in the under-trunk.
I've checked, it wasn't included with my car. I think I will call Tesla.

UPDATE: Tesla said is was supposed to be included with the car and the prep person must have thrown it away. WTH! They only thing they can do is reprint it but it would be on letter size paper. So unacceptable! Why would someone throw away something that was mine, when it was factored into the purchase price.

Last edited: