Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trade in Calculator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone use the Tesla Trade In Calculator prior to making their order to see what Tesla would offer you for a trade in if you proceeded with an order. If so, a few questions:

1. If you made the order within 7 days of receiving the quote, how close was the final offer to what the original estimate was?
2. When they e-mail you the offer amount, they say Net Trade In Amount - do you know if in this amount they are including tax savings due to trade in. So for instance when they say the trade in net trade in amount is $20,000 is that the actual amount they are offering for your car or is it really $17,000 + $3000 in tax savings?
3. I can't remember the steps the last time I ordered a Tesla but can you still cancel your order after they lock-in your final trade in amount through the final order process or is it in refundable at that point?

Basically the trade in estimate they emailed me through the calculator is one I think is a good offer but I'm worried they're either going to lowball me after I actually make an order or they're being cute with the amount by including HST savings similar to how they sometimes show new car prices with potential gas savings. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who use the calculator.

In the offer they mailed is a radio button to actually order the car. This is where you should do it. You can get them to correct the order later and show your trade in if you do it from another page but it takes a couple of phone calls.
Their calculator will only show what is actually ordered. In my case the trade is nearly 30K and my state sales tax is 6.5 percent. The reduction of 18 hundred dollars or so showed up once I got them to correct the order.
Car dealers are some of the lowest life forms on the planet. Advertising cars that do not exist, bait and switch, phony fees after you agree to a price, and on it goes. I feel like this is one of the most straightforward and honest transactions I have been involved with in years, and I buy cars on a regular basis. if they try to low ball you walk away and report it here.