Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trade in process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate if anyone can share their experience regarding trade in ... My assumption is that on the day of delivery, you will drive the car to be traded in to the dealer.

Do dealers go through "inspection" of the car ? What do they really check ?

The car has some transmission "shrudder" issue. Just wonder if dealers will "reject" the trade in.

Exact same scenario. Day before delivery on 12/30 after I uploaded everything and was ready to go, they lowered the trade value $3000 because my stock Model Y wheels were professionally powder coated. You can buy all new wheels and tires for that much. Since it was the last day of the year I didn’t have time to move money around and couldn’t take delivery. Lost out on $250 plus $1000 cybertruck voucher, and $5000 inventory discount.
That sucks, it’s illogical, and it’s crappy customer service. There’s no reason they can’t list that car with the powder coated wheels…if anything, someone would prob pay more for those.

Upvote 0
That sucks, it’s illogical, and it’s crappy customer service. There’s no reason they can’t list that car with the powder coated wheels…if anything, someone would prob pay more for those.
Yeah seems like they could have easily made it happen. However I’m kind of glad it didn’t work out because now I’m seeing some 2024 Stealth grey’s with nice discounts or I can just wait for the refresh next year.

Reactions: mborkow
Upvote 0