Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trading in vehicle but no title of car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I think I might've screwed up.

My delivery is today but I completely forgot that my account page tells me I need the title of my car for trade in. 100% my fault. Am I screwed here? I don't think ICBC can give title of car document the same day?

My car is a hand me down old beater from family so I never had the title of car. I do have the insurance papers with my registration number. Do you think that'll suffice?

:(

Guys I think I might've screwed up.

My delivery is today but I completely forgot that my account page tells me I need the title of my car for trade in. 100% my fault. Am I screwed here? I don't think ICBC can give title of car document the same day?

My car is a hand me down old beater from family so I never had the title of car. I do have the insurance papers with my registration number. Do you think that'll suffice?

:(
No, that wont work (at least not in Ontario). You have to sign over the ownership. However, in Ontario you could get a replacement title at the MTO on same day (pretty sure), so I'd give that a try. Failing that, you'll have to push off your delivery, or take delivery without the trade in. Given its an old beater hand me down you probably aren't getting much for it from Tesla anyway?

I think those are your 3 options....good luck!