Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I jumped back in again after seeing what might be a $225 bottom. Will sell if I get a sudden large spike or if that price doesn’t hold.
There is no bottom until Q2 is proving to be a success or Model Y starts production. I just don’t see anything that can stop the slide. I thought the cap raise would do it. This reminds me of the crypto bear market. One day it will awaken with vengeance

Money Flow Index on daily chart has been increasing over the last 5 trading days despite the shenanigans and consolidation. Are those buyers wrong? Simplest trading approach right now is probably long over 3 day high of $234.50 for test of 20 MA (currently $245). I don't short TSLA but below $224 seems likely to continue falling.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
There is no bottom until Q2 is proving to be a success or Model Y starts production. I just don’t see anything that can stop the slide. I thought the cap raise would do it. This reminds me of the crypto bear market. One day it will awaken with vengeance

On May 4th you said "clear skies to $300" :D

The T. Rowe dump definitely lowered the floor, 7.2 million shares or about $1.7 - $2bn, will have that effect. Broader market volatility will obviously change things, but $225 does look like the bottom end at the current benchmark. If the market craps the bed tomorrow or next week, it's going to cruise towards $200 easily.

Anecdotally sales of the Model 3 do seem to be holding steady, maybe even up-ticking, so the next quarterly might surprise people.

The T. Rowe dump definitely lowered the floor, 7.2 million shares or about $1.7 - $2bn, will have that effect. Broader market volatility will obviously change things, but $225 does look like the bottom end at the current benchmark. If the market craps the bed tomorrow or next week, it's going to cruise towards $200 easily.

Anecdotally sales of the Model 3 do seem to be holding steady, maybe even up-ticking, so the next quarterly might surprise people.
Don't forget about twice that many shares shorted ($14.5M) since January. That tends to cause a wee bit of selling pressure on the stock.

Reactions: Boomer19
starting to like this thread...

still holding strong. i’m pretty saturated with purchases in the 228-242 range.

i won’t buy more unless we go much lower or if i get the feeling we are turning the corner, which is unlikely that i have any a clue about such a thing :)

regardless, i’m pretty stocked up (no pun) so i won’t have FOMO on a big rise in SP

i will be opportunistic on a drop

still holding the nov 315 - not a worrisome amount (yet)
still may avg down a bit... to be continued.

Reactions: BrianZ and bdy0627

I’ve always told this forum: use my enthusiasm as a selling opportunity and my hopelessness as a buying opportunity.

Honestly, being frustrated over this stock is warranted. Every damn day stocks are hitting new ATH, and here we are. Musks insanely optimistic guidance, missing expectations, goal post moving just makes everything worse. Shorts don’t even bother me much, they are the actual dumb money that will end up paying, but for the short-to-medium term this is going to really hurt

I’ve always told this forum: use my enthusiasm as a selling opportunity and my hopelessness as a buying opportunity.

Honestly, being frustrated over this stock is warranted. Every damn day stocks are hitting new ATH, and here we are. Musks insanely optimistic guidance, missing expectations, goal post moving just makes everything worse. Shorts don’t even bother me much, they are the actual dumb money that will end up paying, but for the short-to-medium term this is going to really hurt

I'm not throwing rocks, honestly, no one can predict this thing. The fact is, you could have taken $10k in May 2017 and put it in a checking account with 0.01% interest, and got a better return than TSLA...

Also I was wrong about $225, it would seem the news of the T Rowe dump is putting further downward pressure on the stock. Given the broader market is pretty much flat, and TSLA is down 4%, a market dump next week running up to Memorial Day could well see it drop below $200.

If someone put a gun to my head, I'd guess that another auto-maker will buy Tesla outright within 2 years - possibly a mid-sized Japanese firm or maybe a non-German European maker who wants to break into the US market and needs a leg up in Autonomy and EV technology.

Pretty narrowly avoided my $216.83 stop loss thus far at least! Was this a bottom? Place your bets.
I don't know but given the fall I've already taken, there just isn't much reason for me to consider exiting now in case it drops another 15 or 20 points. I actually added a little today trying to just follow my rules. I've almost always done very well when I follow my dip buying rules and have done very poorly when I start making decisions based on emotions. I like adding a little after dips of 12% and 14%, and then starting to get more serious about adding at dips of 17%, 21%, and 24%. We are already down nearly 16% from the short-lived climb to $258. As crazy as it feels right now, this is the time to be adding not selling. "When it's time to buy, you won't want to."