Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If someone put a gun to my head, I'd guess that another auto-maker will buy Tesla outright within 2 years - possibly a mid-sized Japanese firm or maybe a non-German European maker who wants to break into the US market and needs a leg up in Autonomy and EV technology.

None of the automakers can afford a hostile takeover, even at this stock price, even at $180, even at $150. And it wouldn't be accepted as a friendly takeover. A Google or Apple buyout might be accepted as a friendly takeover, but not an ICE automaker buyout.

• Helpful
Reactions: Boomer19
In hindsight glad I got out and cut my losses last time. Might be a buyer again today but macros are telling me no. Want to see some evidence of support first. $200 has never really been very strong historically.

yeah this situation is a little messy. the overall market isn’t as depressed even with the lingering china, and now iran stuff back in spotlight...so if that turns sharply, it could leave tsla even worse off than now

need good news

None of the automakers can afford a hostile takeover, even at this stock price, even at $180, even at $150. And it wouldn't be accepted as a friendly takeover. A Google or Apple buyout might be accepted as a friendly takeover, but not an ICE automaker buyout.

Agreed, but I can certainly see consolidation in the auto space in the next few years, especially if there is a recession in the next 2 years and especially as we're entering a decade or so of transition.

• Informative
bmw had a quarter with some troubles for first time decade

jag/rover - 3.6b lbs

ford cutting as well

possible auto sliding a bit from peak levels?

most of it will be chalked up as economic indicator, not good for overall auto industry

tesla gets maybe a bit of credit by stealing some share from bmw, but right now not in the form of tsla SP as it’s down the most

this will change eventually

With the low of $195 today, that brings this dip to -24.4%, -49.9% from the ATH. Historically speaking, buying a dip at -24% has been extremely rewarding even within just a few weeks. We'll see if it's different this time. Personally, I think this is a good spot to buy and did so as well. I will buy tomorrow even more aggressively if we dip further.

• Helpful
Reactions: BrianZ and Boomer19
With the low of $295 today, that brings this dip to -24.4%, -49.9% from the ATH. Historically speaking, buying a dip at -24% has been extremely rewarding even within just a few weeks. We'll see if it's different this time. Personally, I think this is a good spot to buy and did so as well. I will buy tomorrow even more aggressively if we dip further.

195 (just for future reference if/when we look back at this to avoid confusion)

but yes, same
still adding shares here and there. not yet today. but AH a bit on friday at 210.25

how to read?

- this 195-205 range is holding pretty strong
OR
- it’s straw, and another step down looming
@bdy0627 @tivoboy
I've been pretty impressed with the buying around $200 so far. Safest trade at this point seems to be buy on a climb above $206 (Monday HOD) that's got some volume and keeps climbing, or wait for $180ish. There hasn't been enough buying volume to overwhelm shorts yet. They've been able to defeat buying that can shift the technicals for at least a short term bounce. Macros could be the decider on this. Money flow index continues to show overall buying of this dip from the $230s. I'm ok with today's low to add a bit more. I added 2 July calls today. I'm still keeping a little dry powder, but I don't have much left.

• Informative
Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.40.04 AM.png