Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Boomer19, May 2, 2019.
Got stopped out--impressive drop today! Moved into LIT ETF for time being.
If not $215, then most likely either $200 or $180.
There is literally no support, holy ****
None of the automakers can afford a hostile takeover, even at this stock price, even at $180, even at $150. And it wouldn't be accepted as a friendly takeover. A Google or Apple buyout might be accepted as a friendly takeover, but not an ICE automaker buyout.
I think Neroden just butt-dialed our Trading thread by accident.
In hindsight glad I got out and cut my losses last time. Might be a buyer again today but macros are telling me no. Want to see some evidence of support first. $200 has never really been very strong historically.
yeah this situation is a little messy. the overall market isn’t as depressed even with the lingering china, and now iran stuff back in spotlight...so if that turns sharply, it could leave tsla even worse off than now
need good news
Agreed, but I can certainly see consolidation in the auto space in the next few years, especially if there is a recession in the next 2 years and especially as we're entering a decade or so of transition.
Giving it another gamble, got in under $200.
bmw had a quarter with some troubles for first time decade
jag/rover - 3.6b lbs
ford cutting as well
possible auto sliding a bit from peak levels?
most of it will be chalked up as economic indicator, not good for overall auto industry
tesla gets maybe a bit of credit by stealing some share from bmw, but right now not in the form of tsla SP as it’s down the most
this will change eventually
TSLA under $200? Cmon... I had to take a chance on that. Will this end being a long term holding now for me, or will I look like a fool again?
With the low of $195 today, that brings this dip to -24.4%, -49.9% from the ATH. Historically speaking, buying a dip at -24% has been extremely rewarding even within just a few weeks. We'll see if it's different this time. Personally, I think this is a good spot to buy and did so as well. I will buy tomorrow even more aggressively if we dip further.
195 (just for future reference if/when we look back at this to avoid confusion)
but yes, same
still adding shares here and there. not yet today. but AH a bit on friday at 210.25
Whoops. Corrected. Thanks!
Pretty convincing defense at $196!
Picked up 10 at $198. It was a pain in the ass to open my trading account, I'm glad it took so long! lol
how to read?
- this 195-205 range is holding pretty strong
- it’s straw, and another step down looming
I've been pretty impressed with the buying around $200 so far. Safest trade at this point seems to be buy on a climb above $206 (Monday HOD) that's got some volume and keeps climbing, or wait for $180ish. There hasn't been enough buying volume to overwhelm shorts yet. They've been able to defeat buying that can shift the technicals for at least a short term bounce. Macros could be the decider on this. Money flow index continues to show overall buying of this dip from the $230s. I'm ok with today's low to add a bit more. I added 2 July calls today. I'm still keeping a little dry powder, but I don't have much left.
It is still looking like quite a bottom to me. To me we obviously goto $180 if we break under $195, but I'm liking what I'm seeing right now.