Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last Wednesday I received my HW3 retrofit. After the latest maps were downloaded Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control worked as promised. However, after I received update 2020.24.6.1 the control disables itself (via the icon on the screen) every time I try to use cruise control and/or autopilot. When I take the car out of cruise control the icon enables itself, but of course, this is useless as I have complete manual control. My question: did the latest update cause this or is it a software bug in my system?

TLSSC worked for me impressively for many weeks - until it didn't. One day, with TACC on, I realized it was going to barrel right through the first intersection I came to. On that drive and later drives It continued to miss lights and signs. I just drove manually for a few days but finally checked the settings. TLSSCs were off. I reset them on, but it took several tries to succeed. I won't swear I always had it in Park to reset. More of a concern is that it turned itself off in the first place. Was it the latest update? Idk but the point is: don't trust it. Mine works fine now and even stops more smoothly, but I trust it less than ever and feel like any of the automated systems could stop working.

Issue resolved. Why? No idea. Perhaps it was the latest update (2020.26.4), perhaps I was doing something wrong initially, perhaps the gods smiled on me.
Once you file a issue claim they look into the vehicle. Have had them fix a few issues just by booking an appointment. They look into it on their end and sometimes can resolve the issue without you even knowing.