Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trailer hitch on 2021 refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks so much for the detailed information. I've got an X hitch on order and will give this a spin when it arrives.
How did you order hitch?

I went to service center and they would not allow walk in ordering parts. They said use the app and make an appointment to order parts. I make an appointment and they say no, you need to email the service center and gave me the address. I have done that and still waiting for a response.

I have chatted with parts guy before and they were great. Teaching them can be hard though.

Sorry -- should have clarified. I bought one of ebay not from Tesla.
That will be my backup plan :)

When I did visit the SC the guy that steered me away from the service center said another customer just ordered it for the same reason. How did he know that if they don’t take orders for parts. Did he read the customers email ;)

Prices from Tesla are really good.

I probably would have paid more on Ebay.
That’s not the first time I’ve noticed that.

This is everything. Even the storage bag.
In fact, I’m worried I’m missing something because price seems to good to be true.

51989149985_0937d68123_b_d.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who has put a hitch on the refreshed MS, does the software know there is something attached or do the rear proximity sensors continually chime (for example if a bike rack and bikes were mounted on the hitch)? It would be really annoying if it was constantly beeping. Thanks.

For anyone who has put a hitch on the refreshed MS, does the software know there is something attached or do the rear proximity sensors continually chime (for example if a bike rack and bikes were mounted on the hitch)? It would be really annoying if it was constantly beeping. Thanks.
I don’t think anyone has done it OEM electrically. I would very much like to try and figure that out. if you look at my invoice I did add an electrical harness for the X. Not sure how much it will help or if I need more. I don’t want to just splice into lights.

Reactions: gbailey
you can turn off the chimes if it's really that annoying.

If I recall, if you are in F the rear chimes won’t beep. I was concerned about that before I bought the S (I had the X). And I ran a bike rack on it no problem. I didn’t have to disable anything. I think the X had a trailer button too.
I double checked this tonight. I backed up real close to my garage, and it beeped as I got closer and closer. Put in forward and pulled away slow (with it well with range) and not a sound.

Just to clarify. Any model X hitch, pre-refresh and refresh will fit the Model S Refresh?
No, I'm pretty sure refresh and pre-refresh are different. You have to stick to the generation hitch of the car you have is what I've understood. This thread is for refresh hitches, the part number for the model x hitch above is for 21+ according to the EPC.

Edit: looks like its the same part for model x 15-21 and 21+ so that's confusing. so I guess all the X hitches are the same.

Just to clarify. Any model X hitch, pre-refresh and refresh will fit the Model S Refresh?
I believe they are the same. The Raven X hitch is the current part number for Refresh X. And has the MS Rating sticker on it.

In fact if you look at the invoice I posted above. The parts guy put in a VIN for an old 2016 Model X (back when it was an option like on the Y).

I believe they are the same. The Raven X hitch is the current part number for Refresh X. And has the MS Rating sticker on it.

In fact if you look at the invoice I posted above. The parts guy put in a VIN for an old 2016 Model X (back when it was an option like on the Y).
Just got off the phone on Tesla, they won’t sell the part unless it’s on a Model X VIN which I own.

Looks like I’m off to eBay unless there’s a model X owner in the DC area willing to put in an order.