Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trailer Hitch Panel Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 does not have the trailer hitch panel at the bottom of the rear bumper, but I will be installing a trailer hitch. Has anyone retrofitted the OEM panel or something similar? I'm looking for a more elegant solution then just drilling a big hole in the bottom of the bumper.

My Model 3 does not have the trailer hitch panel at the bottom of the rear bumper, but I will be installing a trailer hitch. Has anyone retrofitted the OEM panel or something similar? I'm looking for a more elegant solution then just drilling a big hole in the bottom of the bumper.

You can replace the part (pannel) with the newer version for ~130$, if that is the route you wanna go.

Which hitch you set your eye on?

Do you happen to know the part number? I went with the stealth eco hitch, just haven't got around to installing it isn't really mountain biking season at the moment...

Sorry bud, don't have the part number for you off hand. Best of luck. I am thinking of going the hitch route myself via stealth hitch. Just trying to justify the cost of it at the moment. 800 for combo hitch.

For anyone else interested in doing the same, the part number you need is 1135410-00-A. My local SC had it in stock, and retrofit was simple while installing the hitch.

Quorky - hitch install was smooth and totally worth it. Only took me ~6 months to get organized and actually do it.

Reactions: Quorky
For anyone else interested in doing the same, the part number you need is 1135410-00-A. My local SC had it in stock, and retrofit was simple while installing the hitch.

Quorky - hitch install was smooth and totally worth it. Only took me ~6 months to get organized and actually do it.

I'm torn, but considering just 3D printing a hatch cover for the hole I cut. I didn't get the stealth - just the Curt hitch, so mine will be a permanent fixture.