Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trailer Wiring 4 Pin Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No because the wiring changes depending on which year model Y you have and it looks like that product doesnt fit a 2024. I am talking about wiring something like the following directly into the factory harness of the tail lights / turn signals. This can be bought for less than $10 bucks vs $100s with the link you provided:
1719320233408.png

It's also worth menitoning the product link you provided is very scarce or non existent. I can't find a seller that sells it as of the date of this post.
What you are trying to do will work because I've done it and it worked on my 2018 Model 3. But the taillight word are very thin and hard to work with without damaging them. The Y connector is the best solution, or otherwise I would recommend getting the Tekonsha Zero Contact Universal one that I've also used on Model 3 TEKONSHA | 119250 | ZCI™ Zero Contact Interface Universal ModuLite®

No because the wiring changes depending on which year model Y you have and it looks like that product doesnt fit a 2024. I am talking about wiring something like the following directly into the factory harness of the tail lights / turn signals. This can be bought for less than $10 bucks vs $100s with the link you provided: View attachment 1059545
You did not mention the car was a 2024!
Hey I am a penny pincher also but this is one area I try to not skimp too much, too many things could go wrong, I would not connect directly to the wires in the car without a interface that isolates the trailer lighting from the car electrical system.

Then try the ZCI from Techonsha, YES they are expensive but it is much cheaper that taking the risk of melting the OEM wiring harness of your car.
Or having the car complain about over voltage or what ever it will be detecting as a fault in the wiring harness.

You did not mention the car was a 2024!
Hey I am a penny pincher also but this is one area I try to not skimp too much, too many things could go wrong, I would not connect directly to the wires in the car without a interface that isolates the trailer lighting from the car electrical system.

Then try the ZCI from Techonsha, YES they are expensive but it is much cheaper that taking the risk of melting the OEM wiring harness of your car.
Or having the car complain about over voltage or what ever it will be detecting as a fault in the wiring harness.
Have u personally tapped into the tail lights directly? Looking for someone who has. I won't be using the ZCI