Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trains displayed as trucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m sitting at a railway crossing waiting for train to pass and on my Tesla screen it shows a series of transport trucks passing by? I voice command “bug report” but it not leave room for specifics. Does the lydar just not recognize trains ?

• Funny
Reactions: tm1v2
Honestly the whole animated rendering of the vehicle and other vehicles around it is a waste of screen space. There could be much more important uses for that area.
For driving around locally, the map is also fun but not needed. The current speed is small and often hidden by your hand on the wheel. The connectivity status is hidden. Most importantly, commonly used controls are missing.

Upvote 0
Like what commonly used control-u can drag wipers, seat warmer, ac, heated steering wheel icons to the bottom control bar
You're right. I can only think of two that I'd want.

1. Open glovebox. I have the left scroll wheel programmed to do that, but often the passenger wants to open it.

2. Fold mirrors. There are situations I'd like to use that for, but it's not worth it, or there's no time to, bringing up the controls page.

In the past I've thought to just leave the controls page up, but it goes away too easily.

I still think there are things I'd like to see instead of the fun but useless map and car visualization. Like:

A fun, large graphical representation of speed, set speed,and speed limit.
Graphical tire pressures.
Graphical efficiency for current drive.

Upvote 0
U already have open glove box on scroll wheel, get a new passenger if they are complaining. I also find fold mirrors rarely if ever used. I can’t even think of any buttons in gas cars that I don’t have in my Tesla. One button record dash cam is set on horn, maybe someone could chime in, not really sure there is anything worth having a button for is missing.

Upvote 0