Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trans-Canada Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, passes Quebec, you have rivière du loup, then St leonard', woodstock and Fredericton, moncton, and another before Hslifax, Amherst I think. In fact, it is plenty even with a S+ during winter.
The issue would be east of halifax.
I think he was referring to not being open due to COVID restrictions. I had thought about the "Atlantic Bubble," but never really looked into it much. I figured if they were opening the country to Americans, there probably wouldn't be restrictions of travel between provinces. Anyways, if I get turned away, I won't be too bummed. I'll just drop back into Maine and get the new NB/NS superchargers on my next trip to the area.

No restrictions entering New Brunswick at all from anywhere in Canada. The former checkpoint is bypassed at the Quebec border now. And no masks required in NB!
I’m not absolutely sure the same is true here in NS. I can’t find any news releases that say for sure one way or the other. 😑

I know we WERE but then there was something where NB opened before the politicians here thought they would or whatever. I know we’ve got a bunch of Ontario plates around town, but I’m not seeing any US plates here. *shrug*

Also, your Tesla would tell you anyway, but our only SC is in Enfield, not Amherst. 😜

For Nova Scotia and PEI, you need to fill out a safe check-in and/or application form, confirming your vaccination status. (not the ArriveCan app)
This sounds like a lot of work for one supercharger (even if it is a rather infamous one!) :)

What is the process? Do they stop you at the border and can you fill it out there?

I had actually been planning on crossing the bridge to PEI too just to get my car in another province! NL is definitely a bridge too far so it looks like there might be two provinces left to check off on another trip.

This sounds like a lot of work for one supercharger (even if it is a rather infamous one!) :)

What is the process? Do they stop you at the border and can you fill it out there?

I had actually been planning on crossing the bridge to PEI too just to get my car in another province! NL is definitely a bridge too far so it looks like there might be two provinces left to check off on another trip.
As long as you are fully vaccinated (same requirement as ArriveCan), fill this form out.

And when you get there, I assume they will just ask for proof you filled it and it has been approved. Then, you wont need to self isolate or anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV

Aulac is the SC at the NB-NS border and is on the highway that takes you to the bridge to PEI. It’s free to go to PEI, but they’ll charge you a toll to go back. 😜
There are some DCFCs on PEI, but they don’t have their SC yet. You’ll need the chademo adapter for them.

Thanks. I think I can manage without a charge on PEI :)

I had been doing a lot of planning for PEI this weekend, and it's just not going to work out for us for some non-EV reasons. But it looks like there are actually quite a few L2 options on the island. In particular the Ann of Green Gables tourist spots. I'm sure you've scoped them out on PlugShare or such. One of them even has EIGHT stalls.

The more difficult section I was working on was making a loop around Nova Scotia. We were wanting to do the north loop, but it's so far from the Supercharger that it would take two full charges on L2. That just eats up so much time. There are several good charging locations with many L2 stalls, but we just don't have the time to make that drive right now.

Will you be making a drive report of your trip out in that area? I'd love to see what you end up doing.

I had been doing a lot of planning for PEI this weekend, and it's just not going to work out for us for some non-EV reasons. But it looks like there are actually quite a few L2 options on the island. In particular the Ann of Green Gables tourist spots. I'm sure you've scoped them out on PlugShare or such. One of them even has EIGHT stalls.

The more difficult section I was working on was making a loop around Nova Scotia. We were wanting to do the north loop, but it's so far from the Supercharger that it would take two full charges on L2. That just eats up so much time. There are several good charging locations with many L2 stalls, but we just don't have the time to make that drive right now.

Will you be making a drive report of your trip out in that area? I'd love to see what you end up doing.
Yeah, until we get more SCs you really need a Chademo adapter to make a loop here in NS. We have 15 non-Tesla DCFCs, scattered around to make road trips viable.

Yeah, until we get more SCs you really need a Chademo adapter to make a loop here in NS. We have 15 non-Tesla DCFCs, scattered around to make road trips viable.

I had seen the info about the potential future site on PEI and down in New Minas previously, but I'm now seeing one on their map for Westville, NS, as well. I'm not sure that was on the map previously, or I just missed it entirely. That gives me hopes of making a trip up here in a few years and making those loops a little easier.

It's strange to me Tesla has plans for the Gaspesie National Park peninsula but apparently nothing planned for out on the north end of Nova Scotia so far.

I had seen the info about the potential future site on PEI and down in New Minas previously, but I'm now seeing one on their map for Westville, NS, as well. I'm not sure that was on the map previously, or I just missed it entirely. That gives me hopes of making a trip up here in a few years and making those loops a little easier.

It's strange to me Tesla has plans for the Gaspesie National Park peninsula but apparently nothing planned for out on the north end of Nova Scotia so far.
Gaspesie is already popular with EVs and has alot of pre-built infraustructure due to Circuit Electrique.

I would expect them to put superchargers in North Sydney, Antigonish, Yarmouth and then a couple places between Enfield and Yarmouth (on either side of the peninsula) eventually.

Currently in Orangeville and looping through SW Ontario and then out towards Nepean and Quebec. Going to try to spend some time at Niagara Falls as I've actually never been there. Also want to spend a couple hours in Deep River. My best guess is I will stay in Peterborough tonight, Levis tomorrow night, then some place in NB on Saturday night. Need to do some research on the RDL ferry as that is going to be a huge time saver if I can get on it, plus, it looks like a fun trip! Also, if anyone has current info on the Chicoutimi supercharger, it would be much appreciated! It looks fine in the Nav but someone had posted that it wasn't functional as recently as a few days ago. Would suck to drive all the way out there and not get a charge.

Finally starting to feel better now so I'll try to post some pictures at some point although I haven't taken all that many. I made a mistake not taking the BC wildfire smoke seriously as it left me with a rough case of sinusitis (also super awkward to be sneezing and sniffling in the COVID era lol). Fortunately it appears to be clearing up more quickly than it usually does for me (I get sinusitis frequently). The dry, dusty air of the Prairies was not fun, but the humid air around the Great Lakes appears to be helping a lot.

The two new stations on NS have moved twice. At one point one was at Aulds Cove near CB, and the other was around Wolfville in the valley.

Allegedly, the Annapolis Valley region is heavy with Teslas, but I haven’t confirmed that yet.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
PEI is under construction

Can confirm, I’ve seen pics on FB that clinch this as an SC install, but it won’t be online for a few weeks at the earliest.

733D1193-E200-4B22-8892-A429E98F726D.jpeg

Super random... I pulled into the Enfield supercharger last night to find another Blue Model S (white interior) with WA plates charging. I talked to the couple and they were also from Seattle, and lived just a couple miles from me. This felt like a one in a million shot considering this is literally the furthest supercharger from Seattle in North America (barely edging out Marathon, Florida). Especially considering that NS has even stricter border restrictions than Canada. I didn't see another WA plate on my entire trip, not even in BC.

Anyways, I stayed in Fredericton the last two nights and made a loop drive around the Bay of Fundy to Enfield and then back along the highway to Freddy so Salisbury actually ended up being my last supercharger. I have now visited every supercharger in Canada. At least for the moment, until they open another one! Hopefully the new openings will be in BC and not PEI as it will be a while before I get back out here again :)

Last edited:
View attachment 700392

Super random... I pulled into the Enfield supercharger last night to find another Blue Model S (white interior) with WA plates charging. I talked to the couple and they were also from Seattle, and lived just a couple miles from me. This felt like a one in a million shot considering this is literally the furthest supercharger from Seattle in North America (barely edging out Marathon, Florida). Especially considering that NS has even stricter border restrictions than Canada. I didn't see another WA plate on my entire trip, not even in BC.

Anyways, I stayed in Fredericton the last two nights and made a loop drive around the Bay of Fundy to Enfield and then back along the highway to Freddy so Salisbury actually ended up being my last supercharger. I have now visited every supercharger in Canada. At least for the moment, until they open another one! Hopefully the new openings will be in BC and not PEI as it will be a while before I get back out here again :)
Time to update that Baie St Paul profile pic ;)

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV