Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Traveling 395 East of the Sierras: Planning Charging and Energy Usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is “on the 108”????? Exact location please. And pictures.

It's an alternate route if you do not want to take the Tioga pass road over the mountains. The location is closer to the west side where there are still small towns, this makes sense so one can cross there as there is no SC at that area that makes sense.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
It's an alternate route if you do not want to take the Tioga pass road over the mountains. The location is closer to the west side where there are still small towns, this makes sense so one can cross there as there is no SC at that area that makes sense.
I think what we're all trying to figure out is whether this was something you physically saw in the real world with your eyes, or you're just reporting that Tesla's map shows a future planned location for a supercharger in the Sonora area. If you saw it IRL, then please provide an EXACT location or if you're unable then a more exact approximate location. The point being that someone who is passing through that route in the future will be able to check. "in the area of the small towns" is not helpful. Limiting it to one of a few specific towns might be, along with something like "it was near XXX business and on the north/south side of 108" would be even better.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I think what we're all trying to figure out is whether this was something you physically saw in the real world with your eyes, or you're just reporting that Tesla's map shows a future planned location for a supercharger in the Sonora area. If you saw it IRL, then please provide an EXACT location or if you're unable then a more exact approximate location. The point being that someone who is passing through that route in the future will be able to check. "in the area of the small towns" is not helpful. Limiting it to one of a few specific towns might be, along with something like "it was near XXX business and on the north/south side of 108" would be even better.
Yep, then it can be added supercharge.info and a thread can be created to track progress.

An update with the answer was provided in the Sonora thread: Supercharger - Sonora CA (Location not found, permit not found)

Looks like a new SC may be going up on the 108, large Tesla "T" under cover. I did Mammoth to SF in one charge.
I believe you are referring to your post at Supercharger - Sonora CA (Location not found, permit not found) . That is not a “Tesla” sign in front of that business in Sonora on the west side of the Sierras, though it may bear some resemblance to the Tesla logo. While there is a Supercharger planned for the Sonora area, and I understand that such a trip involves a short section of 395 and that you wished to contribute, I’m just pointing out that the planned Sonora Supercharger isn’t really related to the topic of this thread.