1) Marry your girlfriend
2) Trickle charge @ 120 volts for as long as it works
3) Move to a bigger house someday.
You will never recover the costs of adding a new EVSE circuit at your present location.
1. Won't get married ever. That's a different topic perhaps for a different forum. However, my girlfriend and I will be together 23 years as of 2021 so we're doing okay. I dare say we don't need marriage! Yes, she's well aware of this position too and she's fine with it (or at least has reasonable expectations).
2. Yes, this does work okay for now. 30 miles a night off-peak, neither of us has a commute. I guess I could live with it. I'm just so curious about what *could* be if I put a little effort in or if these electricians stop dropping like flies.
3. Absolutely! I'm still working on that. If she agrees (later) then I will definitely stop worrying about the charging upgrade. Now that she owns a Tesla she might be more open to it.
True, we may not recover the cost of an EVSE at this location, but it sure won't hurt! And, it'll be an extremely rare find in this complex for anyone with a Tesla for sure. I know it would make an enormous difference for me as a buyer.