Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip consumption graph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since around November last year, my trip consumption has become way off.
Almost every trip it seems to underestimate consumption, usually by 5%. Often it does improve a little, but not always. Previous to November is would usually over estimate consumption a little. My real world consumption is smack on 135wh/km day in day out and really doesn’t vary by that much. Even on the occasions where it is a bit higher (or lower) it seems to repeat this problem. Is the trip consumption meant to be based off your actual wh/km?

2DEF2DDE-27B3-4722-A700-7BA51DDF842A.jpeg

I wonder if this question would get more/better answers in Software: Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App or Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure, rather than a regional subforum.

I've seen quite a bit of variation as well, but I can't say there was a time when it was over estimating and then switched to under estimating, or visa versa. I too would like to know what it uses to calculate that graph. Is it based on driving the speed limit? Recent driving habits? Something else?