Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Planner missing mid-range plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just ordered my model 3 two week ago and was going through the trip planner but have found out that they do not show a trip planner for mid-range cars. Can someone please add the mid-range plus for the trip planner?

• Funny
Reactions: Maaz
So I just ordered my model 3 two week ago and was going through the trip planner but have found out that they do not show a trip planner for mid-range cars. Can someone please add the mid-range plus for the trip planner?
Do you mean A Better Routeplanner or Tesla's trip planner? If the former it includes all Model 3 version, SR, SR+, MR, LR RWD, LR AWD, LR Performance. If the latter no one except Tesla can fix it.

Edit: Also there's no such thing as a mid-range plus.

Also, Tesla is no longer selling the Model 3 MR; that was a limited-time option when Tesla had trouble bringing out what would become the SR/SR+ battery pack, and Tesla wanted to offer a lower-priced version than the LR varieties. Of course, you may be able to buy an MR vehicle used, but I'd be surprised if there's even one leftover in new inventory from Tesla.

So, @dadsnew3, if you think you've bought a new MR Model 3, you're almost certainly wrong. You may want to check your order documents again. Note that Tesla has recently increased their range estimate for the SR+ to 250 miles, which is just 10 miles shy of the 260 miles claimed for the MR when it was available. Tesla's made similar changes in the past, which creates confusion.

Also, Tesla is no longer selling the Model 3 MR; that was a limited-time option when Tesla had trouble bringing out what would become the SR/SR+ battery pack, and Tesla wanted to offer a lower-priced version than the LR varieties. Of course, you may be able to buy an MR vehicle used, but I'd be surprised if there's even one leftover in new inventory from Tesla.

So, @dadsnew3, if you think you've bought a new MR Model 3, you're almost certainly wrong. You may want to check your order documents again. Note that Tesla has recently increased their range estimate for the SR+ to 250 miles, which is just 10 miles shy of the 260 miles claimed for the MR when it was available. Tesla's made similar changes in the past, which creates confusion.

To add to this, there was never a "Mid range PLUS" noted tesla, so not sure what this OP is talking about. The only tesla with the "plus" naming convention is the standard range upgrade model (standard range plus). In tesla forums speak, people add "plus" to the performance model to denote whether it has the performance upgrade package, but thats not actual tesla terminology.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess this OP bought a standard range plus (if new), or a mid range (if "new to him but used").

Reactions: Zoomit
This morning I was thinking about planning a trip (for my Model 3 SR+) via the Trip Planner and noticed there was no option for Model 3 SR or SR+ on the tool. Don't know if that's what the OP was asking but it IS what I'm asking. Anybody know why?

No doubt slow/lazy Tesla web developers.

A Better Routeplanner

Is better if less polished as you can tell it how empty you want to be at destination and chargers and also what temperature will be, etc.

No doubt slow/lazy Tesla web developers.

LOL, more like bad prioritization by the Product people.

upload_2019-12-7_8-41-40.png

Thank you. Now I understand.

That page also does not include either SR version of the Model 3. It only shows the LR version as a choice.

Can someone please add the mid-range plus for the trip planner?
You seem to be under the impression that Tesla will read your post and take action. This website is not run by Tesla. No one here can do anything about your request. You will need to contact Tesla directly.