Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trouble obtaining initial proposal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I submitted my $99 deposit and all required photos on 6/28/19. Since then I have been in contact with sales and the assigned project manager on and off requesting escalation and status on the proposal (website says 3-5 days) and still have not received my proposal. Is this common? It’s super frustrating, I signed up with energysage and received 3 quotes within three days but I really want the Tesla system and the powerwalls.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Are there any avenues of escalation? Am I just being too impatient?

So I submitted my $99 deposit and all required photos on 6/28/19. Since then I have been in contact with sales and the assigned project manager on and off requesting escalation and status on the proposal (website says 3-5 days) and still have not received my proposal. Is this common? It’s super frustrating, I signed up with energysage and received 3 quotes within three days but I really want the Tesla system and the powerwalls.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Are there any avenues of escalation? Am I just being too impatient?
Is your home a new build? It took me 3 weeks to get mine because my home was new and didn’t show up on google solar(which is what Tesla uses).

Is your home a new build? It took me 3 weeks to get mine because my home was new and didn’t show up on google solar(which is what Tesla uses).
No, my house is almost 30 years old. Coincidentally, after I posted this yesterday they finally sent over a proposal. Only problem is it’s half the system size I wanted. Guess I’ll have to wait and see how long it’ll take for them to get back to me on this.

I paid $99 on 4/23, submitted photos on 4/25, received design 4/26. Emailed / texted a couple times to try and get somethings changed, and received two follow-up emails from Tesla prodding me to sign the paperwork but without responding to my requests for change (pretty simple changes). I ended up calling around 9am Las Vegas time to catch one of the reps who emailed / were named on the proposal, and from there it was done very quickly. Some technical questions about the design had me on the phone with a system design engineer, and they were very responsive via text when I asked for the permit package after they texted me letting me know the paperwork was submitted to the Township.

I'd try calling any number you can find for reps right around when you think they might be getting into the office. Email / voice mail didn't seem to work well. I think they've likely short staffed on the admin side after the belt-tightening, but once things have gone through everything is moving as fast as can be expected and I'm very happy with the installation / crew so far (finishing things up next week).

Deposit paid - 4/23
Photos submitted - 4/25
Proposal & Contract - 4/26
Revised Proposal - 5/2
Power Co paperwork signed - 5/7
Power Co request from Tesla - 5/9
Power Co approval - 5/29
Permits to Township - 6/3
Permit approved - 6/26
Installation Scheduled - week of 7/15