Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trouble with Tesla finance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

My finance has been approved for about a month (never got any notification or anything until I asked my sales adviser). I had no trouble for any of the process next to that i'm basically begging them to sell me the car since it seem like no one even cared to update any information for me. Anyways, Literary 30 minutes before my scheduled delivery, I received an email saying I need to provide my proof of income. At the delivery center, I waited for nearly an hour just for someone to tell me that i can not take the car home.

My problem is that I do not have the proof of income that they want, therefor i'm stuck in this awkward position where the car is already here but i can't take it. I have been emailing multiple people back and forth but nothing is getting solved and it has been really a frustrating experience. Does anyone else have this type of experience? What can I do to solve this?

If nothing works out, can i cancel my order and get my deposit back?

Does tesla start manufacturing their car right when the order is placed or when the finance part is approved?

Also, im looking for tesla's fine print about financing, manufacturing time, and other related topics but can't seem to find any. so if anyone happens to come across it, please let me know.

FYI i am getting a model x, i live in BC Canada, and my credit score should be somewhere around 720.

I believe you can cancel, but not sure about getting the deposit back.

Cars are built in batches for different regions. Manufacturing is not started until they next time they build cars for your region, regardless of the advertised delivery time.

I believe you can cancel, but not sure about getting the deposit back.

Cars are built in batches for different regions. Manufacturing is not started until they next time they build cars for your region, regardless of the advertised delivery time.
I have just checked my order agreement and it seems like i will be able to get my deposit back.
"Until your Vehicle is delivered to you, you may cancel your order at any time, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Order Payment."

Reactions: jboy210