Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

True One Pedal Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once again a seemingly minor change transforms urban driving for me. For the first time even without TACC heavy traffic us less irritating now than ever before.
This was only if those small areas where Leaf, Kona, BYD and others had an advantage, although it’s mostly Nissan that promotes it.

This is a huge advance for me too.

After that I was not prepared to be scheduled for a 3.0 chip installation next Monday!

Reactions: Tron 3
One pedal driving is great but I find much easier in creep when reversing. Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, it's just easier to reverse with creep, because generally when reversing we're trying to be hyper careful, and it's harder to be as careful when your foot is over the go-faster pedal rather than oh-sh*t-stop! pedal.

You get used to it, though, to at least some degree.

• Funny
Reactions: Tron 3 and CaryRx
Wow! After the new update and selecting the "hold" function under "Driving>Stopping Mode", I didn't need to touch the brake all day! I adapted to that very easily. Love it!
Yes, it is pretty amazing. I like it very much. It is the way I have always wanted every Tesla I have owned to drive. Kudos to Tesla for adding that to my Model 3, for free!

Reactions: Tron 3
My one pedal driving stopped working recently. When I looked at the controls to try to change it, the controls are on "Roll" instead of "Hold" and the button is grayed out so that I can't change it. (M3 SR+)

Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Whoops, NM, found the thread talking about it.

Reactions: ZappCatt
My one pedal driving stopped working recently. When I looked at the controls to try to change it, the controls are on "Roll" instead of "Hold" and the button is grayed out so that I can't change it. (M3 SR+)
For the benefit of readers experience this "issue" but not seeing that other thread; the change (Creep/Hold/Roll) can only be made when the car is in Park.