Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

True or false.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went online (UK)
Tried to book a test drive in all Models. 3,s,x

The site says “we will contract you when test drives become available again”

I have never seen that, I’ve seen dates as far as 2 months waiting” but never not able to book a test drive.

So I rang Tesla and asked to book a test drive prior to my Model X collection next week. 23rd September (Day after battery day)

I was told they are currently not offering any test drives. Now I played it cool and just said “I guess they don’t want anybody driving them until after they announce the Model X update next week” Guess they want people to test the new ones.

The answer was...
Yes that makes sense, I can see the booking portal is closed until 23rd September.

I am probably reading into this to much but test drives are closed until after battery day?!

Why you didn't test drive before you placed your order?
It seems you don't happy with your order because of some negatives people posted here or there.
Why you want to waste your deposit and likely delivery/destination charge?
I believe there are so many happy about their car and they just don't post it.
You will only see posts about negative things, not much positives
I just went online (UK)
Tried to book a test drive in all Models. 3,s,x

The site says “we will contract you when test drives become available again”

I have never seen that, I’ve seen dates as far as 2 months waiting” but never not able to book a test drive.

So I rang Tesla and asked to book a test drive prior to my Model X collection next week. 23rd September (Day after battery day)

I was told they are currently not offering any test drives. Now I played it cool and just said “I guess they don’t want anybody driving them until after they announce the Model X update next week” Guess they want people to test the new ones.

The answer was...
Yes that makes sense, I can see the booking portal is closed until 23rd September.

I am probably reading into this to much but test drives are closed until after battery day?!

• Helpful
Reactions: tierneyalvin
Just to confirm I have test driven a model x twice and ordered. I am just wanting to take my kids along for a drive in the run up to collection.
I thought it would be a fun thing to do! Plus I get a drive in a car the same as I’m collecting next Friday. Just a way to scratch my itch of excitement.