Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Truly Buggy Software and Hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well not really an investment I expect to profit from. It was more like an investment to add some more excitement to driving. It hasn’t really been that though. It’s been more like a nightmare. I’ve had many issues with this car and everything else to do with Tesla. It’s been in the shop for 4 weeks receiving its 5th paint job since they can’t get the color to match. That’s just one small example.

I'm an experienced owner on my third Model S (late 2017 100D), and love the car, like the two before it. I know what's normal, and what's not, and how to deal with little oddities.

But I have to say that I have had MANY more MCU lockups and spontaneous reboots after getting firmware 2018.14.2 a88808e than I have ever had previously with any firmware version. I'd say I get spontaneous reboots three or four times per week, and a lockup every other day.

I've not called Tesla about this, but I am ready for a more stable firmware.

I'm in the same boat after 2018.16... and it lead to an MCU replacement last week, but it still is not acting quite right.

I think the firmware is not meshing with the new maps or something... too much of a coincidence that 10.4 was so stable, only to have these bugs come on. The autopilot system continues to improve.

I've had the car long enough to know this is pretty rare... The car seems to be caught in a sleep mode or something and is not waking up on time on the last two firmware updates....

The autopilot processor seems reliable, like a MacBook pro.... the mcu seems more like a pc with all the little glitches that seem to go along with it.

Reactions: Pentium2004