Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk latch cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
On a recent service call I mentioned that there was scoring on the plastic latch cover. Looked like it needed adjustment and replacement (see attached image.)

The service advisor suggested that this "normal" wear and that all X's had it. This does not seem right. Any of you folks out there have this scoring on yours?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 116
None of my other cars have this, why would it be normal for Tesla? Sorry, not an owner yet, will be in Nov. Just curious why this would be normal? If something is scrapping and the cause of the scoring, then adjustments should be made so that it does not. Too me, that would be just bad manufacturing or poor QC? Guess I'll know when I get mine in Nov.

-ThinkMac-

Same here.

This marring is not surprising considering the cosmetic metal flap (silver metal flap that collapses down exposing latching pin when trunk is closed) that the latch depresses is harder than the plastic cover in question. Simple solution - use a thick textured tape (available from your local hardware store) that won't allow either of the parts to be marred/scratched and will cover up the damage done already. I did this to my X and it looks and performs great. I'll post a picture soon.