Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Open - what's the easiest way.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drop by son off at school in the morning, and he has his sports gear in the trunk.

I have to put it in park, hit Controls, and then trunk.

Is there a better way?

Is there a way to get the open/close/lock page to automatically open when I put the car in park (like the door handles automatically extend when the car is in park.)

I should have labelled it "what's the QUICKEST" way.
It takes him time to get out of the car, grab his backpack, and walk to the back.

How do I make a suggestion to TESLA.
How about "the moment I select park, show me all the door controls" - would cut out a step.

• Funny
Reactions: ckoval7
Talk about first-world problems! :)
You’re really trying to save one extra screen tap? Your case is too narrow of a request audience-wise. I’d hate it if the MCU switched to the “Controls” screen every time I put the car in park.
One thing you could do is keep your key fob out. When you roll up to school, use it to open the trunk as your son is getting out of the car. You wouldn’t even need to put the car in park and then could just roll out after your son departs/closes the trunk.

Yeah, first world problems.
Like chatting with my buddy about my new car, sitting at the supercharger as I hadn't installed the HPWC yet...

My keys are in my pocket, and they stay there. That way I don't lose them.
I get that the CONTROLS button is very easy to find (bottom left).

Just wondering if there was a better way - there isn't.
(Unless you now about the secret triple click of the park selector that fills the trunk with helium balloons and then opens it.)

OP: Do you have an iPhone and the iOS app “Remote S” ?

If so, a new release out yesterday adds support for Siri Shortcuts to control your Tesla, eg you can say “Activate Trunk”. If you also have an Apple Watch you could issue the Siri command via the watch (furthermore watchOS 5 now let’s you raise the watch to talk, without saying “hey Siri”).

Not sure if that makes things “easier” than putting in Park then pressing a couple buttons on the car’s touchscreen.... but maybe an idea

Of course the official App from Tesla can also control the trunk but it doesn’t have Siri support.

I have Remote S but haven’t yet tried it with the new Siri Shortcuts. But separate from Siri the app could already do things like open/close the trunk.

Not sure if either app will let you open the trunk if the car isn’t in Park, that may be a safety thing limited by the car itself.

• Informative
Reactions: Censored
OP: Do you have an iPhone and the iOS app “Remote S” ?

Not sure if either app will let you open the trunk if the car isn’t in Park, that may be a safety thing limited by the car itself.
You can open the Trunk while the car is still driving with Remote S. Just tested it out. It also works if you use the Siri shortcut via Remote S to open the trunk without even touching the phone. I just say "Hey Siri, open the trunk" and the trunk opens.