Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Storage Bins Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the ones directly from tesla:

I bought the ones directly from tesla:

The Tesla option (site) states that it may not be compatible with my 2022 Model Y.

The Tesla option (site) states that it may not be compatible with my 2022 Model Y.

I have read that some people had issues fitting it in there for some reason.... but it didnt say that when I bought them, and it fit just fine in my wifes 2022 Model Y performance, picked up in March of 2022.

The note I see on there is "compatible with some 5 seat configurations" which is what we have.

I have read that some people had issues fitting it in there for some reason.... but it didnt say that when I bought them, and it fit just fine in my wifes 2022 Model Y performance, picked up in March of 2022.

The note I see on there is "compatible with some 5 seat configurations" which is what we have.
I believe its the later Models where fit becomes a problem. I see it online on various reviews where one side does not fit and they’re all 2022 Y’s. I have a 5 seater too just picked up this month (Oct). I thought I saw one seller mention that Model Y’s built after July 2022 may not be compatible.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
This is what it says on the Tesla site while logged into my account.

Attachments

• 81C81EC9-E1AC-44AA-8AD3-F812B6714C67.jpeg
    81C81EC9-E1AC-44AA-8AD3-F812B6714C67.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 2,332
I contacted a seller on Amazon who acknowledged 2022s produced after July have fit issues with their storage bins. They will be producing bin’s specific for these Tesla models in mid Dec. This is the seller, Otrifowd US - Amazon Marketplace.

Honestly not sure why, but there was another thread that said Austin builds wouldn’t fit the right side but maybe they implemented a change in Austin first? My right side I had to mess with it about 4-5 times before it would go in right but it eventually did. Left side was easier for whatever reason. They are odd shaped areas. I’m sure it won’t be long before new bins are available

Reactions: Newbie2023
Honestly not sure why, but there was another thread that said Austin builds wouldn’t fit the right side but maybe they implemented a change in Austin first? My right side I had to mess with it about 4-5 times before it would go in right but it eventually did. Left side was easier for whatever reason. They are odd shaped areas. I’m sure it won’t be long before new bins are available
I wouldn’t call it odd, it’s inconsistent.