Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk Storage Bins Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've watched this thread, and I happen to notice today a listing for a set of trunk bins from Teslarati. They let you select California or Texas build as product options when you order:

Teslarati MY Trunk Storage Bins

It's not clear exactly when the Texas version will ship; the description says "Trunk bins for 5-Seat Texas-built Model Y available in December 2022". It does appear you can place the order now on alsomewhat of a Black Friday sale. I haven't tried because I have a 2021 and already have the Tesla OEM bins.

I'm sure this means that other suppliers will be coming along shortly, but someone who could use them might want to get in early and report back how well they fit.

Reactions: jerome8283
I've watched this thread, and I happen to notice today a listing for a set of trunk bins from Teslarati. They let you select California or Texas build as product options when you order:

Teslarati MY Trunk Storage Bins

It's not clear exactly when the Texas version will ship; the description says "Trunk bins for 5-Seat Texas-built Model Y available in December 2022". It does appear you can place the order now on alsomewhat of a Black Friday sale. I haven't tried because I have a 2021 and already have the Tesla OEM bins.

I'm sure this means that other suppliers will be coming along shortly, but someone who could use them might want to get in early and report back how well they fit.
Thanks this is helpful.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
Anyone looking for rear storage bins, these became available for 2022 and 2023 MYs. I was in touch with the vendor who was aware of the issues some have experienced and had these made specific for 2022/23 MYs. I just wanted to share.
Bad link. Please relink or show the URL. Thanks!

Edit: Link now seems to be working, but linked item shows that it is still incompatible with a ‘23 Fremont 12/22 build 5 seat MY. Has anyone found a seller of the bins with the new shape for the right side of the MY?

Last edited:
This vendor had them. I purchased them and they fit my 2022 MYP, screenshot evidence below. ;)

If I click on buy it again, they show unavailable now.

Click here and send the vendor a question.

Attachments

• 0D4067A0-FEF0-4DCE-8634-A5966F7C177A.jpeg
    0D4067A0-FEF0-4DCE-8634-A5966F7C177A.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 163
I wonder if the Tesla Shop itself will ever release an updated version of their OEM trunk bins for the 2023 and newer Tesla models, seems a bit silly they didn't create a new version already that is compatible with their latest vehicles. It should be trivial for Tesla to build updated bins matching the new car dimensions, especially if Amazon sellers and other 3rd party sites are clearly able to do so.

I wonder if the Tesla Shop itself will ever release an updated version of their OEM trunk bins for the 2023 and newer Tesla models, seems a bit silly they didn't create a new version already that is compatible with their latest vehicles. It should be trivial for Tesla to build updated bins matching the new car dimensions, especially if Amazon sellers and other 3rd party sites are clearly able to do so.
Not as silly as replacing ultrasonic sensors BEFORE a Tesla Vision solution was ready to go. But that’s Tesla. 🤷‍♂️

The one that tesla sells on their website is compatible with 2020 and 2021 Model Y, there is some design change after July 2022.
Here's the amazon product that is compatible with 2023 Model Y - Amazon.com from OtriFowd Store. Make sure to copy the link and paste on the browser. The redirect function from this website is not working, when you click the link

I have read that some people had issues fitting it in there for some reason.... but it didnt say that when I bought them, and it fit just fine in my wifes 2022 Model Y performance, picked up in March of 2022.

The note I see on there is "compatible with some 5 seat configurations" which is what we have.
MYLR Freemont wh/wh delivered 3/1. Driver's side fits perfectly. Passenger side is too large. Trimmed off front outside lip and created a 3" slit to allow slight overlap. Adequate but not perfect.

Attachments

• CB59FF65-F812-4E5F-BCCB-6227D646FC74.jpeg
    CB59FF65-F812-4E5F-BCCB-6227D646FC74.jpeg
    719.6 KB · Views: 94
  • B9062948-0A36-441E-B2A3-C9914BDD6B96.jpeg
    B9062948-0A36-441E-B2A3-C9914BDD6B96.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 8A4D2A56-AF51-46CE-8D68-3A18A71507C5.jpeg
    8A4D2A56-AF51-46CE-8D68-3A18A71507C5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • 23617093-FF0B-4F40-8D05-0225C7473A13.jpeg
    23617093-FF0B-4F40-8D05-0225C7473A13.jpeg
    810.7 KB · Views: 92
I have a Fremont Model Y and the right one doesn't fit on mine either.

No idea why Tesla let me order them. To even click on the button to add them to my cart, I had to first accept delivery of the car. I assumed they were going to use my VIN to filter out all non compatible accessories. But apparently not.

It took 3 weeks for Tesla shop replied my email. I even got refund before they replied my complaint email.
I'm glad to hear you eventually got a reply from the store without escalating.

I had a similar problem. I was happy with my visit to the closest service center late last winter but their support for the online store is terrible.

In the summer of 2021. I was missing the paperwork needed to register my car and I had ordered an item from the store that never shipped. By some miracle I got through to a human who magically solved all my (Tesla related) problems. The paperwork was sent to me via FedEx overnight and people from the online store contacted me about the item that was never shipped.

About nine months ago Rob Mauer quoted Tesla senior VP Drew Baglino saying:

We are at the point where the exponential growth curve becomes really painful.

IMO it's been really painful for people needing customer service for quite some time. Tesla's continued exponential growth has made it hard for their customer service to keep up.