TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Trunk water ingress preventer

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Darwood77, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Darwood77

Darwood77 Member

2. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

I have not had issues with water dripping into the trunk when open, and we had a fairly decent rainy season this year. I picked up my car in december of last year, and we had quite a few rainy days (for southern cali anyway) between then and about the end of april, and not one single time did I have water drip into my trunk from opening it. Maybe my gasket is installed better than others?

3. Sean1

Sean1 Member

The effect is 18 miles of lost range :D

• Funny x 1
  4. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

It's the design that allows water to enter not the guy if there gasket, unless your sticks out when the trunk is closed?

5. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

No it doesnt stick out.

/shrug im just saying that I watched water run down my back window, into the gasket and around the trunk, like every other car I have had. Others say it runs off the rear window and into the trunk, but mine never did that, in any of the rain we had this winter. You and I are in similar areas so you likely know the amount of rain I am speaking of.

I parked outside multiple times, going shopping etc during this time and never one time did water run off the rear window into the trunk.

6. KenC

KenC Active Member

Funny! Not sure that tiny spoiler holds more water than the gasket.