Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to buy my first Tesla, need advice.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, my car lives in South Florida in an enclosed MFD garage, so it never becomes cold. MY charging has always been 208/23, typically delivering 15-18 amps (power is shared with the large building swimming pool). I never have needed actually that much. After five years with EV's I think the most common misconception is how much power one actually needs at home. I would be fine with 120/15, actually.

Great responses, as usual guys! Sounds like I'll be fine with the 210 I have in my home. I don't take road trips, and my daily commute to work would be like 30 miles round trip.

With the set up I have, if I end up with a car, I might just consult an electrician to see what I need to get to charge at 240 with 40 am. But I live in Texas and it's an enclosed garage, albeit, not heated...

About the cars y'all posted and educated me about... Sounds like P85Ds are a solid choice with a likelihood of getting that + Suspension. Sweet deal of those might be closer to lower 40s?

The black one that was posted looks sweet... But by the time the fees and etc are paid on it... Is it worth looking into a P90D instead for a bit more?

Just thinking out loud with lots of variables on decisions haha! 21 wheels are also being recommended against, it seems...

Great responses, as usual guys! Sounds like I'll be fine with the 210 I have in my home. I don't take road trips, and my daily commute to work would be like 30 miles round trip.

With the set up I have, if I end up with a car, I might just consult an electrician to see what I need to get to charge at 240 with 40 am. But I live in Texas and it's an enclosed garage, albeit, not heated...

About the cars y'all posted and educated me about... Sounds like P85Ds are a solid choice with a likelihood of getting that + Suspension. Sweet deal of those might be closer to lower 40s?

The black one that was posted looks sweet... But by the time the fees and etc are paid on it... Is it worth looking into a P90D instead for a bit more?

Just thinking out loud with lots of variables on decisions haha! 21 wheels are also being recommended against, it seems...
I would say if you are considering a P90D I might be inclined to find one of the facelifted ones. Late 2016 is when the new front fascia came out. But then again the price keeps rising. P85D is a solid choice and the performance will be very close to a non-ludicrous P90D.

I would say if you are considering a P90D I might be inclined to find one of the facelifted ones. Late 2016 is when the new front fascia came out. But then again the price keeps rising. P85D is a solid choice and the performance will be very close to a non-ludicrous P90D.

Thank you Geoff,

I am probably in the minority, but I actually don't like the facelift look. I mean, for the right price, sure, but ya know... :).

I am not sure if you read the back and forth on the P85D. Looks like it was upgraded to a P90D for this price. Ludicrous mode seems to have been stripped, but even without it, it seems like a .4 difference for when you actually launch in the the Ludicrous mode for the P90DL vs. P90D. I could be wrong...?