Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trying to determine how many strings I have

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at my installer page it looks like I have 3 strings. However when I look inside the 2 inverters it looks like one has 3 strings and the other has 2 strings. Am I reading this right? I attached pictures from the inverters as well thanks. PXL_20220319_001710250.jpgScreenshot_20220318-171516.png

Ahh, so connecting to powerwall+ only shows one inverter? Does that mean during a grid power outage I'd only get power generation from the inverter iys connected to?
No you will still get power from both inverters until your PWs are full and then their output will be curtailed to more closely match your home usage. How many PWs and how much solar do you have? If you only have 1 PW the total output from the inverters could exceed the charge rate of a single PW and cause issues.

I have 1 power, 2 inverters with 27 "420" panels. 17 of the panels are on a north facing roof in central CA.
That's a lot of PV for one PW. In a power outage you may have an issue with the solar production exceeding what the PW can take and causing the system to shutdown. I don't know if the PW+ can handle this situation any better than the regular PW. You can always turn the power off to your second inverter to help mitigate this issue.